Thursday, June 3, 2010

My First Vacation!

Hey, All! It has been a LONG time, hasn't it? We just got back from my first vacation to Arizona on Tuesday night. Let me tell you...I HAD A BLAST! I'm going to tell you ALL about it...so be prepared...this is going to be a LONG post with lots of details and tons of pictures! Please enjoy!
We started our journey last Thursday morning (the 27th of May). We packed up ALL our stuff (as much stuff as we could fit in 2 big suitcases and 1 hockey bag), and away we went to Denver International Airport. But, not before dropping Molly and Moses off in Pug Paradise...a.k.a Susie's House! They got to play with 3 other Pugs for 6 straight days while we were away. I think they almost had as much fun as we did. We got all checked in, made it through security at DIA with NO issues, and rode on the tram to our departure concourse.
Me on my first airport tram ride:

After a quick stop at McDonald's for lunch, we were on the plane and ready to fly:


This picture was taken shortly before my belly was filled with milk and juice, and I was ready to pass out for the 90 minute flight:

Let me tell you guys...I did EXCELLENT on the plane! I slept in Dad's lap all but the last 10 minutes of the flight. The sound of the airplane engines and the movement of the plane was sooo relaxing. After we landed we got our luggage (none of it went missing...BONUS) from the airport, we rode a bus to the rental car center. This is Mom holding me on the bus. They wouldn't let me sit in my car seat. Weird, right? Mom thought I would be much safer in my car seat vs. her lap. At least she made friends with the nice people sitting across from us who thought I was just the cutest thing (can you blame them)?:

We rented a "Full-size" car (yeah, right...see picture below...I was buried in stuff), and drove to our hotel in Peoria.
I was packed in like a sardine!:

I had to test out the bed at the hotel:

After we dropped our stuff off at the hotel, we drove down the street to Aunt Lynda and Uncle J.J's house. But, not before passing by one of Dad's FAVORITE places on Earth. IN-N-OUT:

Dad swears he could live anywhere in the country, as long as it is in driving distance of an IN-N-OUT. This was one of the main reasons Mom convinced Dad to come along on the trip. We ended up eating it twice!
We had a great visit with Aunt Lynda, Uncle J.J, and all of my cousins. Dad and Uncle J.J played some ping pong and we all ate pizza.
Dad holding my newest cousin, Katja. She is 20 weeks younger than me:

Dad with Buju. One over-sized Pug!:

Me and my cousin Vondrea:

A Knowles Cousin Sandwich! Vondrea and Jazelle with ME in the middle:

Mom and Katja. Oh, and Jazelle giving Katja bunny ears:

Mom with Jodeci, Vondrea, Katja, and Jazelle:

Aunt Lynda and I:

Uncle J.J feeding Katja her dinner. I will take some of that, please?:

I got to try out some of Katja's toys! One of the perks of being only 4 months apart in age:

Aunt Lynda trying to get baby Katja to relax:

The next morning after breakfast, we went back over to their house to do some more visiting.
"Hi there, cousin! Nice to see you again!"

They were getting all packed up to go to Sea World for the weekend:

Thumbs up! Great visit. Wish we could have stayed longer!:

After our morning visit, Dad decided it was time to enjoy his burger from the IN-N-OUT up the street. Maybe I will be able to try a Double Double and some fries next year!:

Can you tell that Dad is one Happy Camper?:

After IN-N-OUT, we drove to Scottsdale and checked in to another hotel room. This one had a much quieter Air Conditioner, so Mom was super happy about that. We got all settled in, and Mom zoomed off to her first hockey game of the tournament. They played a majority of their hockey games at the same place the Phoenix Coyotes practice. After they WON their first game, we all went to dinner at a fabulous pizza place called Grimaldi's in Old Town Scottsdale. I was of course...asleep in my car seat the entire time...but Mom and Dad enjoyed dinner with their friends.
Auntie Karissa and Heather having fun and being silly:

Mom and Dad after stuffing their face with brick oven pizza:

The next morning we were up bright and early. Come to find out...Phoenix isn't too hot at 7:00 AM! In fact...it is quite comfortable. So comfortable you could actually believe that you would want to live in Phoenix. Then the mid-afternoon heat rolls around...NO THANKS! We decided to take advantage of the fresh "cool" air and do breakfast with baby Daniel and his family at a place called The Good Egg. Similar to The Egg and I that we have here in CO, but not *quite* as tasty. But still enjoyable!:

Outside enjoying breakfast on the patio:


Baby Daniel enjoying his breakfast:


This is a view from our front door of some of the resort grounds. Across from that big white tend was one of the five pools that we hung out at for the majority of the time:

After breakfast...it was POOL TIME!:

We think I might have accidentally got some non tear-free sunscreen in my eye. It cleared up once Mom took a wet rag to it:

Mike and Ginger (Daniel's Mom and Dad) enjoying their fun in the sun!:

Auntie K and I (and my irritated eye):

Ready for the pool:

Time to eat:

Passed out in the shade after my meal:

Hey, guys! Not funny! You know I prefer Miller Lite!:

After a long afternoon enjoying the fun and the sun by the pool, Mom had another hockey game. This time, Dad and I decided to go and watch her play. I wanted to show my team spirit by wearing the Pikes Peak Posse polo shirt that Ginger and Heather made for me:

Go team PPP!:

Wouldn't you know that they won their game again? It must have been all of my hollering and cheering that I did.
The next few days were spent doing much of the same. Eating good food, enjoying friends by the pool, and cheering for Mom while she played hockey.

On our way to go swimming:

Dad just hanging out enjoying his vacation:

Auntie K taking advantage of snack time:

Baby Daniel with his folks in the pool. I had a swim floatie that was exactly the same...just in a different color, and LOVED it! It allowed me to float and kick around in the pool, and still be shaded from the hot Arizona sun. Mom managed to forget getting a picture of me in it. Maybe next year!

Time for another nap:

I loved our nice and cool hotel room! At night, I slept REALLY well. Better than I sleep at home even. Mom and Dad are trying to find a way to set up my room to simulate a hotel room. Nice and quite, and dark, and cool.

Mmmmm. More yummy food at the cafe across the street. There are so many neat places to eat in Scottsdale. No chain restaurants here! (Except for...you know...IN-N-OUT).

Oh, and after 3 regular tournament games in which Mom's team won EVERY game, they made it to the championship game! They had me dressed up in another Pikes Peak Posse outfit that was made just for me! Mom and Dad wanted to give me a crazy mohawk for the big game, but they didn't want to risk putting hair gel in my hair that might later end up in my eyes:

Notice the "Wright" printed on my bottom:

Too cute, huh?:

I also got to meet some new people from Mom's hockey team! This is me with Charlie. Notice the puck she took in her arm! See the bruise? Ouch!

This is a better shot of that bruise:

Me with Esther. Mom really enjoyed Esther being on the team. She was a bunch of fun and has 2 boys of her own!:

Baby Daniel hanging out at the rink. We might as well get used to it. With our mom's being who they are...we are born rink rats!:

Mom, Charlie and I after winning their championship game:

Dad was such a trooper. He did a great job keeping me entertained and content while at the hockey rink:

Well. You know what they say: All good things must come to an end. So, Tuesday morning we got all packed up and said goodbye to Arizona as we headed for the airport.
"Ahhh. Man. Do we have to go?"

Mom was *a little* worried that they weren't going to luck out twice with a sleeping baby on the way home. But, I did not disappoint! I slept from the minute we backed out of our gate in Arizona...to the minute we pulled up to our gate in Denver. The ENTIRE flight. This time I slept on Mom's lap, and she managed to not move a single muscle the whole time in fear that I would wake up. I woke up within 2 seconds of the plane coming to a complete stop at the gate. Too funny!:

Ready to go on my 2nd plane ride back home:

Such a fun and great trip. I did so well! Mom and Dad are already plotting where we should go next. They had such a fun time hanging out with me, it was REALLY hard for them to drop me off at daycare yesterday morning. Thankfully, they are both super busy at work...and the day just flew right by.
All else is well in non-vacation news. I have slept until 6:00 AM since we have been home, which is GREAT. This weekend we are planning on going to Pueblo for the Boats, Bands, and BBQ Festival. More fun coming right up!

1 comment:

  1. What a great time! Can't wait to do it again with you guys.

    ReplyDelete