To MY Dad:
May your day be filled with, A). Lot's of NASCAR. B). Grilling on your new Grill. C). No poopie diapers! D). A breakfast fit for a King. E). Total control of the remote. F). Nobody nagging at you while you are on the potty. Amen. Also, a very special shout-out to the best Grandfather's in the world: Grandpa, Granddaddy, and Addie! We love you!
Well, we have had a wonderful weekend so far. Devin came to visit with us on Thursday night. I was sooo happy to see her and missed her very much. It had been 4 months since we saw her last. She is SUPER tall now! She was surprised to see how much I had grown also. On Friday, we decided to do some pictures for a collage that we made Dad for Father's Day. Here are some of the pictures we put together for Dad:
A friendly spider decided to pay Devin a visit while we were taking some pictures in the grass. She thought it was pretty funny:
Mr. Moses was ready for a nap:
I love kisses from my Big Sis:
Dad loved his collage! All the pictures were in black and white, and we got a nice frame for him to put the collage in.
On Saturday, (after some of "Mom's Famous Breakfast Sandwiches" and Devin's dentist appointment)...we decided to drive up to Larkspur, Colorado to visit the Renaissance Festival (but not before a stop at Taco Bell for lunch):
Devin and I had never been before, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day! We had a great time!
We were greeted in the very beginning by a HUGE gray animal called an ELEPHANT. Whoa!
We got to watch some comedy shows that were going on at different times throughout the day:
I got LOTS of kisses and love while we were resting in the shade. There were LOTS of places to sit and quite a few trees that offered some cool places to hang out and enjoy the scenery:
Mommy and I:
Mom thinks that I have a career as a dentist because I love sticking my hands in everyone’s mouth. I must inspect those teeth:
"Ahhh! Enough with the kisses already!"
We got to see all sorts of people dressed up in all sorts of different costumes. Some of the people worked for the festival, others were folks dressed up to come to the festival:
They are so cool they got to wear shades:
Devin and Dad are watching all of the people that paid money to try and nail a guy in the face with a tomato. The entire time we stood watching, nobody was able to do it!
I bet if MOM would have tried to nail the guy in the face...she would have been successful. But, she is too frugal to waste her money on something like that. She would rather buy a funnel cake to share (and she did):
Enjoying all the new sites, smells and sounds:
Devin standing next to her boyfriend. Hahhaha! Just kidding, Devin:
Devin decided to kneel down a little bit so that she was even with Mom. She has about 3 inches on Mom now! She is getting soo tall:
We got to see the beautiful Elephants up close and personal. I loved looking at them:
My hand got kissed by a friendly (but slimy) Elephant Trunk. I think the Elephant was looking for food (sort of like what Molly and Moses do all day long):
They were giving Elephant rides. Maybe next year I can ride on one!:
We may have to go to the zoo to see more of these guys:
Ahhh. I stayed nice and cool in the warm, summer heat:
Devin picked out a cool jingle skirt. She sounded like Santa's sleigh whenever she walked:
They had all sorts of neat masks to try on. Check out the beak on Mom!:
Devin looks like Bat-Woman!
We started watching this creepy looking person dressed up in a costume sitting on a bench. He would just sit and hold perfectly still like a statue. THEN, when you were least suspecting it...he would JUMP out at you and scare everyone! It was soo funny to watch others be surprised by him.
Yikes!!!
A beautiful Colorado summer day at the Renaissance Festival:
I fell asleep for the last bit of the Festival. Dad, Mom, Devin, and a "local" all got a picture together:
We all had a great time. Devin and I already want to go back next year! After the festival, we came home and ate dinner. Mom and Devin did some Father's Day shopping, and picked up the BBQ Grill that Dad has been eye-balling for YEARS now. YEARS. Every time we walk into Lowe's or Target, Dad walks over to the one particular grill, and lifts up the hood and checks it out. So, we decided we should go ahead and pick it up for him. Nothing says "We love and appreciate you on Father's Day" like a new Weber Grill, right? We couldn't figure out how to get the huge box in the house without Dad's help, so we tricked him into going outside last night and looking in the back of the truck. He was pretty surprised to see a new Grill with a big bow on it with his name on it.
We spent this morning (Father's Day) watching Dad put the grill together. There were lots of parts and it looked pretty complicated.
"Can I help you hook up the gas line, Dad?"
Dad looking at the directions to assemble his new Weber grill:
Oh, Geesh! Boxes and pieces EVERYWHERE:
Happy Father's Day, Dad! Now get to grilling us some meat!:
Dad finally got the grill put together, and it is sitting outside waiting to be lit up tonight for dinner with Grandma and Grandpa. We are going to grill up some burgers and give this grill a moment to shine.
Well, Dad was super hungry after spending all morning putting that thing together, so we decided to take him to brunch at Perkins. I got to try some tiny pieces of pancake. YUM.
Enjoying my breakfast with the family:
Mom and Devin:
Dad and Devin:
We are just hanging out and relaxing...doing what DAD wants to do today. So far he is enjoying the race and searching the web. He couldn't ask for anything more. Maybe a Dublin Dr. Pepper (-: Hope everyone is enjoying their day, and once again...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment