Well. Not all "Firsts" are "Puppies and Rainbows." I started my 9 month of life out with an ear infection that started on Monday afternoon. I was refusing my bottle at daycare and acting super tired (not like my normal self at all). I never sleep and always eat! On Tuesday, Mom REALLY noticed that I wasn't acting my normal, content self. So on a whim...she decided to take my temperature (not thinking that I would be running a fever). 102 quickly displayed on the digital read-out, and she about peed her pants! Once she got a grip with reality (that fevers aren't necessarily a cause for alarm...it means the body is doing what it is suppose to do), she decided to call the doc to see what they had to say. They recommended good old Tylenol, and that brought my fever down right away. Things hadn't really improved on Wednesday, and I was acting fussy and lethargic and tugging at my ears. But wouldn't you know it...Dr. Reich isn't in the office on Wednesday's! So, Mom and I went to an Urgent Care facility and waited 2 hours to be seen by a Nurse Practitioner. She looked in my ears, down my throat, and listened to my heart and my lungs. I was such a good boy through it all, including the time spent sitting in a boring waiting room for what seemed like FOREVER. The Nurse Practitioner explained that everything looked good, and she suspected that I just had a virus, and that it would need to run it's natural course. On THURSDAY, I went to daycare. In the early afternoon, Mom got a phone call from Ms. Kim who explained that I was acting uncomfortable, tired, and fussy. Mom just had a gut feeling that something else was going on with me. So, back to the doctor we went! But this time, I got to visit with Dr. Reich herself, and she took one look at my ears (after removing a pound of earwax), and found that I indeed have an ear infection. Dr. Reich said that I had so much earwax, that she was surprised that the Nurse Practicioner was even able to see anything at all! Dr. Reich suspects that I'm teething, and this is what caused the infection. Mom was relived that Dr. Reich was able to find the root of my problems. I should start to feel much better in the next day or two with the help of some antibiotics. I can't wait to be over this! Despite my ailments, I have still tried my best to put on a happy face.
We don't have much planned for the weekend. Mom and Dad were suppose to go to the U2 concert tomorrow, but it got cancelled because the lead-singer is old and hurt his back. LOL. I was going to hang out with Ms. Kim, but turns out I will be hanging with Mom and Dad instead! I also heard a rumor that my Big Sister Devin is back in Colorado for the summer, and we are going to get to see her any weekend now. I have missed her and can't wait to get to see her again. She is going to fall over backwards when she sees how much I have grown since January!
No pictures to share this time around. We have been too busy trying to solve the mystery of my fever. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment