
Lot's of sunscreen...and a damp cloth diaper on my head:

Our friends, Jen and Jeremy at the very beginning:

We managed to find a lot of shade to hang out in (except for when we were checking out all of the neat BBQ cookers):

Mom and Jen in front of Old Smokey:

Oooh! It smelled like heaven! I can't wait to try some BBQ when I'm a little older. I have a good feeling I'm going to enjoy it:

Oh. This is where Mom went a little crazy with the self-portraits, which really had nothing to do with Boats, Bands, or BBQ. Sigh. I play along to humor her (-:



Dad sometimes plays along too:

Norm noticed Mom going crazy with the camera...and decided to offer up his assistance and take a picture of the two of us. Haha, Mom! You were caught red-handed:

Thanks, Norm!
Jeremy after enjoying a fried Snickers bar. That's right! Just when you thought a Snickers candy bar couldn't get any better...they drop it in the deep-fat fryer! He managed NOT to share:

Norm and Genie enjoying their 'Q. They were smart and got a sampler platter:

Mom and I cooling off in the water fountains:

The necessary utensils needed for samplin' some BBQ:

There were probably about 20 different BBQ joints from all around Colorado and beyond. Once you had a chance to sample a few of the different stations, the next step was to decide who you wanted to vote for (since it was a Kansas City BBQ Sanctioned Event and all). Mom decided to use her votes to bribe the BBQ cookers. She told them that if they gave her "a little extra" that she would vote for them. So wrong, Mom! So wrong. But hey...it worked! And, it turns out that the folks that ran Old Smokey (who were extremely generous with their samples) won the People's Choice Award! See. A little bribery never hurts, right?
Dad enjoying the hot day in the cool shade:

"Jen! You have some 'Q in your teeth. Good thing your Mom is willing to dig it out for you!"

Dad and Jeremy posing for the picture:

We got to hear a couple of bands playing in the distance, but we didn't really see a whole lot of boats. This event took place on the Riverwalk, so I imgaine their were some boats somewhere along the line.

"Okay, guys. I think I have had enough fun. I'm ready for a nap!"

When I start sucking my thumb and cuddling with my teddy...I'm tired! It doesn't matter where I am:

Thanks to Jeanie for giving me the little nudge I needed to fall right asleep. Ahhh:

A great end to a great day!
Tomorrow we are going to do some things around the house, and enjoy our time together since Monday is right around the corner. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and staying nice and cool!
No comments:
Post a Comment