Thought I would update everyone on my 4-month check-up that took place yesterday afternoon. Everything went really well! Mom was anxious about me getting my shots...so she researched a couple of different ways that she thought might help with the pain. Well...it turned out that I only needed 4 shots instead of 5. Mom had prepared some sugar water for me to take before and during the shots, but turns out I did not need it! Instead...Mom nursed me and it really helped! Of course I did my fair share of protesting, but I was "over it" within just a few minutes. By the time we were ready to leave, I was sucking my thumb and ready for a nap.
Here I am BEFORE my shots hanging out waiting for the doc to come in (taken with Mom's Blackberry):



Here I am with my colorful band aids after my shots. See...no more tears!:

Here is a pic of Mom and I in the exam room. Mom thinks this picture looks like it came from some sort of staged 80's photo shoot. Maybe it is the bright green jungle backdrop, the naked baby in the blanket, and the cheesy grin that Mom is sporting. All that is missing is a little Hall & Oates music playing in the background:

Here are my stats from yesterday:
Weight: 14 lbs, 3 ounces = 75th percentile (same percentile from my 2-month check-up)
Height= 24.5 inches= 55th percentile (I was in the 50th percentile for height at my 2-month check-up)
Head Circumference = Uhhhh...Mom can't remember the exact measurement, but my head is in the 70th percentile. I still got a good sized head that helps hold my big brain!
Dr. Reich also told Mom and Dad to start giving me 1-2 ounces of 100% Apple Juice in a bottle every day. Let's just say that I have been a little slow in the "BM Department." Mom and Dad (and the nice ladies at daycare) are officially on "Poop Watch 2010." It has almost been 6 days, ya'll! So, hopefully the Apple Juice will help get things moving along. I had an ounce last night before bed...and I sucked it right down! YUMMY. Dr. Reich said that everything else looked great. She even mentioned that she thought I had a very "sweet demeanor." I just sat contently watching her talk to Mom and Dad for over 20 minutes. Just as content as can be.
On to other news...
I'm still not sleeping through the night! Nope. Sleep is for the birds. I just love love love waking up for a midnight snack (or two) and having some quiet cuddle time with Mom while Daddy is snoring away. Daycare is going really well. According to Ms. Kim and Ms. Erin...I'm thisclose to rolling onto my belly. I kick my leg over when lying on my back so that I'm on my side. They also started putting me in the activity exersaucer now that I can hold my head up with no problems. I love that thing! My feet barely touch the ground...but there is so much to look at and play with:

OH! And TWICE now Dad has got me to LOL (Laugh Out Loud)! I giggled at him while he was being goofy trying to tickle my neck the other night. AND...on Monday morning while I was swinging...he got me to echo him with his high-pitched screeching. Mom thought it was soo funny.
Well...that is all for now! Tonight is Gunter Toodies with Grandma and Grandpa. Woo Hoo! Hope everyone is having a great week.
Glad it went well and I like the hair :)
ReplyDelete