Yep...that's right. Rumors are all true. I'm now an outside baby! I arrived on Wednesday, October 7th 2009 at 5:59 PM. I came out screaming and very healthy. I got an 8 on my 1-Minute APGAR, and a score of 9 on my 5-Minute APGAR.
Mom and Dad went into the hospital on Tuesday evening for my eviction notice. Well, they gave Mom a pill called Cytotec (that she was nervous about) and it sent her right into labor. She spent the entire night breathing through her contractions and slept about 30 minutes total. In the morning, the plan was to start the Pitocin drip to really pick up the contractions. BUT, she was contracting so much on her own they could NOT give it to her. So, things started to get pretty painful and the doc told her she needed to wait it out a few more hours. Her awesome nurses (Beth and Amber) gave her some drugs to "take the edge off" and things started moving along. THEN...she got the Epidural. It took 4 times to get it right, but once it was in the right place...HEAVEN. She was able to relax and save up some energy and it was AWESOME for her. The nurse came in at about 5:00 PM and said that Mom was complete and ready to start pushing. It was a moment of truth for Mom and Dad. So, Mom started pushing me out with all that she had and the nurse told her after 20 minutes that she was going to call in the doctor to deliver me. Mom got lots of compliments for doing so well, and even the doctor was surprised to be called in so early. Once the doc came in...I was born about 20 minutes later! Mom was STARVING so she downed a cheeseburger with french fries while Dad took me down for my first bath and a few more tests. Turns out the cheeseburger wasn't the BEST idea and it almost came right back up. Ooops!
We spent a few days in the hospital getting to know each other. Mom and Dad got a little rest and Mom was trying to recover and catch her bearings. We came home on Friday afternoon, and I slept the entire way. We have been spending the last few days eating, sleeping, crying, and pooping and peeing. Sometimes I like to wait for them to get my diaper off before I unleash. Mom is feeling really good, although super tired. I'm a lot of work, but well worth it.
Here are some pictures from the past few days for you to enjoy! Hope to meet everyone in person sooner than later:









No comments:
Post a Comment