Monday, January 31, 2011

Productive Weekend Wrap-Up

Hey Everyone. Hope you had an excellent weekend. We had a very PRODUCTIVE weekend from start to finish. Mom and Dad had giant plans to do A LOT while I took LONG 3 hour naps. Well, that didn't happen. Try 1 hour and 15 minute naps both Saturday and Sunday. They still did a pretty good job organizing the basement and getting it all cleaned up. Dad's "Man Cave" is close to being complete, and I can now go down into the basement without fear of stepping on a nail or tripping on paint cans and other random non-safe objects. We started our Saturday off with a trip to Home Depot:
"Do I resemble...Tony Stewart with my orange Home Depot ride and my cool sunglasses?"

*Usually* we visit Lowe's, but we decided to switch it up this time and our trip was a success.
It was also nice enough outside on Saturday that I was able to do some exploring in our backyard (after Mom and Dad did some serious poop-scooping). Mom captured some of my exploring on video. I'm still learning how to deal with obstacles (like stepping over something or stepping down from something). Oh, and every time you see the video flip upside down...this is Mom helping me on and off the patio step. Enjoy!

We are expecting a high temperature of NEGATIVE 4 tomorrow here in Colorado...so there won't be much playing outside in the next few days. Burrrrr!!!
We went out to dinner on Saturday night, and enjoyed a nice quiet evening together. On Sunday, I helped Mom throw a bunch of veggies and beef brisket in the slow cooker. Our house smelled amazing all day! We cleaned up the basement a bit more...ran a few more errands...and I managed to "help" Mom with some of the Sunday chores.
I helped with laundry:

I see an opportunity, and I take it!

If I ever end up missing...I think they will know the first place to look.

"Hanging out in the dryer is FUN."

"Oh, you want to put clean clothes in this thing?"


I helped Mom wipe down the end-tables:

And I read to her while she was busy dusting:

We managed to get a lot accomplished...not to mention a trip to the grocery store! Later in the evening Grandma and Grandpa came over and joined us for dinner. We had Slow-Cooker Coffee-Braised Brisket With Potatoes and Carrots, Tastefully Simple Beer-Bread, Applesauce with cinnamon sugar...and Ice Cream Cake! Boy was it tasty, and Mom sure was happy that everything we threw in the slow cooker turned out perfect. Phew! Hope everyone has a great week and stays nice and warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment