Friday, January 28, 2011

The End of the Week is Finally Here

Happy FRIDAY. That is all I have to say about that.

It has been a long and busy week. I have been adjusting well to the Toddler room, and making some new friends. Now that my friends are older and more mature, they actually say my name when they see me in the morning! Quite a change from my first two Infant rooms at daycare. One little girl who is closer to the age of two greeted me this morning and said "Hi, Buddy!" Mom was blown away! I have been having fun going up and down the slide at recess, and I have been taking 2-hour afternoon naps on my cot. I'm always super ridiculously happy to see Mom and Dad when they pick me up in the afternoons, and for the past two mornings...I have not shed a tear when they dropped me off. Yay!

In other news...Mom is trying to cook more! She feels a lot less claustrophobic in the new house, and REALLY wants to expand her horizons. Cooking is NOT a natural talent of hers, but she is working on it. Last night...she made Rigatoni With Roasted Sausage and Broccoli. It was easy and tasty and fairly healthy. Could you ask for anything more in one meal? She took some advice from a friend and added garlic cloves and cherry tomatoes and substituted Italian turkey sausage for regular sausage, and used bow-tie pasta instead of Rigatoni.
Here is what is was suppose to look like:

Here is what it ended up looking like (minus the professional photography). Close enough, right?:

And here is what Dad thought about it:

(Aren't we fancy with our paper plates? Have no fear...this will not turn into a Blog about Food)
If you are curious about the recipe...you can find it here:
http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/rigatoni-roasted-sausage-broccoli-00000000044730/index.htmlI have some Aunties that might like to give it a whirl (wink, wink).
We don't have much planned for the upcoming weekend! Mom and Dad are going to try and organize the mess in the basement while I hopefully get in some long naps. Other than that...we are hanging out and taking her easy. Hope you all had a great week.

1 comment:

  1. There is a little girl that says "Hi Gavin" every morning. Blows me away every time. And when I leave 1 or more always says "bye". Quite the change.

    ReplyDelete