Well. I’m going to try and re-call my super busy (and fun) Birthday weekend for you. Devin came to visit last Friday morning, and she surprised me when she showed up with Mom to pick me up from daycare on Friday afternoon. Before Mom and Devin came to pick me up, they went to visit a newborn baby that is now two weeks old. This baby belongs to Kevin and Talitha, who we went out to dinner with just two days before she was born:
She looks like she was about to cry. Nope! She was just dreaming.
On Friday afternoon...I also got to open a present from The Knowles Family that came in the mail:
The best part? Definitely the BOX and the TISSUE PAPER…although I have also been enjoying the talking toy. It seems that all my new toys talk and they all have something to say.
On Friday evening, we went and had BBQ with Jen, Jeanie, and Norm at BZ BBQ. I had fun sitting in my BUMBO and enjoying all the company:
On Saturday…we got up early and everyone got cleaned up…and we were off to the airport to pick up Mumsie and Granddaddy. After we picked them up, we did some last-minute running around in preparation for my FIRST Birthday Party. Let me tell you guys…I HAD A BLAST. Mom wasn’t sure how well I would do considering I only had two short naps the entire day…but I had so much fun exploring the place where we had my party…saying “hi” to everyone, and opening presents and eating CAKE. I didn't have one single meltdown. Mom isn’t going to post all of the pictures from my party just yet. She is waiting for the professional pictures that her friend captured to come in…so that she can post them all together. So for now…you can have a sneak peak. Devin and I waiting for our guests to arrive:
"Oooh! Pretty presents and balloons!"
One of my many talking toys:
"I'm ONE! Cake just for me? Well...if you insist!"
It was so great to be able to see so many friends and family. I received so many wonderful gifts...I'm so very grateful and appreciative. Thank you to everyone who came to see me. I passed out on the way home, and was out for the rest of the night.
On Sunday, we spent more time with Mumsie and Granddaddy, and went to lunch at one of my favorite places…Texas Roadhouse! I think we have been there once a week for the past month. Mumsie and Granddad left on Sunday afternoon…and I also had to say goodbye to Devin. I was sad to see everyone have to go.
Oh, and it is REALLY starting to feel like Fall here in Colorado. I’m finally getting to wear some of my new Fall/Winter wardrobe!
Hope everyone had a great Monday. Today, I have my 12-month check-up with Dr. Reich. I’m going to get weighed and measured…and probably poked with a couple of needles because I’m due for some shots. Boo! We will be sure to update the BLOG on my current stats soon.
And now you have a toddler!
ReplyDelete