Thursday, October 28, 2010

Another Trip To The Pharmacy

Hey, All. Hope you are doing well! I'm doing pretty good today, but Tuesday evening was a different story. I had my bath, and bedtime bottle...and went to bed just like every other night...but at about 1:00 AM, I woke Mom and Dad up with a bad cough and some heavy wheezing. I guess I sort of freaked Mom out because she told Dad to throw on his shoes so that we could head to the hospital. Dad sat down with me and rocked me for a little while, and I fell back asleep and was back to breathing normal. So, Mom decided to call Dr. Reich, and actually spoke to her (which was a surprise as she had no idea she would be waking Dr. Reich up in the middle of the night when she called the after-hours number). Dr. Reich suspected that I had come down with Croup, which is a symptom of RSV (highly contagious). She told Mom that a trip to the hospital wouldn't be necessary, and to steam up the bathroom if I had another attack. Thankfully I did not, so we picked up some Prednisone (a steroid) the next morning to help treat the symptoms and I have been doing pretty good ever since. Turns out my buddy Gavin DID make a trip the ER on Tuesday night, and the ER doctors diagnosed him with Croup also. I went back to daycare today, and it is business as usual. Mom wishes she could keep me in a bubble!

Oh, and our photographer from Sunday posted more pictures that were captured. Mom and Dad think they turned our really well. Enjoy!:





















No comments:

Post a Comment