Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Recuperating!

Hi, All. Well. I *was* going to title this post "It's a Darn Miracle That I Didn't/Haven't Caught the 24-Hour Stomach Virus That Mom and Dad Had," but...I decided that I didn't want to jinx anything! So...

WE had a pretty good weekend! We got up on Saturday morning and went and toured 7 houses in the area. We all really liked 2 of the houses we visited, but Mom and Dad found a couple of things with them that they weren’t too crazy about. One of the houses was amazing, but then we went down to the basement...and things sort of got weird. It had no storage and the basement was only partially finished. The other house was also really nice, but it had a fairly small backyard and a small garage. So, we have decided that we are going to wait for the PERFECT house before we make our "move." I was just as happy as can be touring all the houses and seeing all there was to see. After house hunting...we spent the rest of the weekend relaxing and hanging out with no set plans in mind. It was nice. I even had some time to brush up on my piano skills:

Grandma and Grandpa did come over on Saturday night for pizza.
"What are you looking at, Grandpa?"

"Hmmm. What am I missing here?"

"Oh! Ooops. Guess I didn't get the memo. Picture Time!"

On Sunday, Cousin Todd and Cousin Sam came into town and met us for lunch at Bird Dog BBQ. They live in Florida, so they came quite a long distance!
Cousin Sam after enjoying his BBQ in the 719:

Cousin Todd:

Grandma and I playing with the salt shaker:

Dad let me try a pickle (for the 2nd time), and I LOVED it:

See! Proof. Are babies suppose to like sour pickles? Hmmmmm.
Dad and I being goofy around the house:

After lunch with the cousins on Sunday afternoon, we decided to take a trip to Target for groceries. This is about the time...everything started to go downhill for Mom. She started complaining that her belly was hurting her, and tried to shake it off. She seemed to be doing better later in the evening...but shortly after Mom and Dad decided to go to bed...everything went seriously downhill. She got super sick, and was not a happy camper at all (I will spare you the details). Dad had to take care of me the entire next day (Monday) as Mom was trying to recuperate from an entire night spent in and around the bathroom. Dad really did a good job doing all the daily chores and taking care of Molly and Moses (and Me). The 3 of us can be quite the handful! Mom was feeling VERY icky. But, she woke up on Tuesday morning feeling like a new Mom. It wasn't shortly after we were up for the day, that Dad looked at Mom and said "I feel weird." Uh Oh. We all knew what was coming! It was just a matter of time before Dad was spending his day in and around the bathroom. Mom and Dad were SUPER worried that I was next. So, they did everything they could to keep my hands clean and keep their hands clean, and keep me away from this nasty virus. I'm happy to report that I'm still doing great, and have no signs of the bug. Everyone keep their fingers crossed that it stays this way! Dad decided to stay home from work again today, as he is still not 100%. But, he is feeling MUCH better than he was feeling yesterday.

Hope all of you are staying healthy. Until next time...wash those hands! There is obviously something nasty going around.

No comments:

Post a Comment