Monday, July 5, 2010

My First Fourth

Hey, All! Hope everyone had an outstanding Fourth of July. I had an excellent first fourth! We celebrated with good friends and good food and a great view of the firework show that took place at the Air Force Academy (although I was already passed out sleeping by the time the fireworks started at 9:30 PM). We went up to Baby Daniel's house in Monument. I got to play with all his neat baby toys while Mom and Dad got to visit with friends. Here I am dressed in my Red, White, and Blue:

Baby Daniel had his Red, White and Blue on also:

I loved playing in Daniel's cool car. "When can I get a REAL one of these?" :

I LOVED Mom's red star necklace:


"Uncle Pappy" and I:

I was sitting on Uncle Pappy's lap when I took my very first picture of Mom. Not too bad, eh?:

Heather and I having a good time:

Baby Daniel is even walking now! I got to watch him walk clear across the kitchen:

Baby Daniel already has his first pair of ice skates. I might be next!:

Oh, and let's not forget the food! Tons of good food was enjoyed by all. Check out this homemade American Apple Pie that Ginger made. It was soo good:

Lot's of tasty meat from the grill, and some pasta salad, coleslaw, and fruit salad to go with it:

Let's not forget dessert (Paula Deen's Chocolate Chip Cookie S'mores):

After we assembled them, we stuck them on the grill so everything could melt together into one big glob of melted yummy:

All was good until a nasty thunderstorm rolled over. It brought with it lots of hail:


Other than the rain and the stormy weather, we had a great evening!

Mom and Dad didn't have to go to work today, so we are just hanging out and relaxing. We might run some errands later on, and savor the rest of this long weekend. Hope you had a wonderful 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment