Tuesday, December 1, 2009

8 Week Check-Up and SMILES on Video

Hola, Everyone.

I will be 8 weeks old...TOMORROW. Crazy, eh? If I was a puppy in the state of Colorado, I would be old enough to go to my new owners!
Today was a busy day for Mom. She went into work for a few hours while I hung out with Grandma Williams. I guess I slept in my swing the entire time Grandma was here. After Mom got home, she rushed me to my 8-week appointment with Dr. Reich. Here are my stats:
Length: 22 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 11 pounds, 14 ounces (75th percentile)
Head: Mom didn't catch the number, but my head is in the 75th percentile. I got a big head (I need it for my big brain).

Dad did a really good job entertaining me for 45 minutes while I was waiting for the nurse to come in and give me my shots.

Mom and Dad thought that I was getting 2 shots. NOPE. I got 5. FIVE freakin shots. As in...3 more shots than 2. THREE in one little thigh and TWO in the other. And...I.SCREAMED.MY.HEAD.OFF. Sooooo not cool, people. So not cool. The nurse was super fast and I did get two really cool band-aids out of the deal, but it pretty much made me cry so hard I couldn't breathe and my face turned BRIGHT red and I thought my little world was crumbling down upon me. I thought Mom might cry along with me...but she managed to keep it together. Dad on the other hand... (-:

So now that I have totally bummed everyone out with my sob shot story, I will cheer you up with a video of me smiling and cooing. Forgive Mom because she didn't realize the camera was out of focus until about half-way through. She is still learning her way around the new camera. You got to watch the video until the very end when I tell everyone "Bye Bye!":


Here I am enjoying the "gift view" from under the Christmas tree:

And B is for BLUE:

No comments:

Post a Comment