Passed out snoozin. Mom sat in the middle between us the entire way up to Breckenridge, and the entire way back. What a trooper!

We arrived at the resort around 3:00 PM. Mom decided to upgrade our room to a 2-Bedroom Suite. That turned out to be a great idea, as it offered a lot more space, and 2 very large bedrooms...which turned out perfect for sleeping and napping. Dad actually slept in my room with me, and Mom slept with Alex in the Master bedroom. After we got settled, we went to the welcoming reception that was held in the pool area. That ended up just being "okay." They had WAY too many people being funneled through a very small area, there wasn't enough places to sit, and there wasn't enough room for all the appetizers and desserts...and the line was REALLY long. So, needless to say I got enough to eat...but Mom and Dad were still hungry and we were in a hurry to leave because Alex started to get fussy and tired. Ms. GG saved the night by ordering some pizza and sharing with Mom and Dad. Thanks, Ms. GG!
Here I am Saturday morning enjoying some donut and fruit:

Although I LOVED "playing in our suite,"...you know...playing with the fireplace equipment...going up and down the stairs out of site from Mom and Dad...picking up the hotel phone and trying to call grandma and grandpa...pushing all the buttons on the stereo...climbing up the bar stools, etc...we decided to do some exploring Saturday morning. We took the shuttle to Main Street. Mom and I on the shuttle (I thought it was pretty cool that I didn't have to be strapped in a car seat):

There really wasn't too many stores we could go into. I have a tendency to want to grab and touch most things, and Mom wasn't about to pay for something that I might accidentally break. BUT, we got lucky and stumbled across this REALLY cool toy store! It had all kinds of neat and fun toys and a complete play area in the back. I was in heaven, Alex took an excellent nap, and Mom and Dad stood around and watched me play:

After spending about an hour in the toy store, Mom thought I would enjoy the scenery at Bubba Gump Shrimp, Co. I know what you are thinking...they went all the way to Breckenridge, Colorado to eat shrimp? Yeah, well...turns out it wasn't a great idea AT ALL. More on that in a bit...
After lunch we came back to our room, I took a nice long nap...we walked around the resort for a bit...and came back to get ready for the celebration dinner. Here is Alex in her cute little outfit that was given to her by Gavin's family:

We went to the reception before the dinner. I got to hang with Daniel and drank my first Shirley Temple. It was yummy! Unfortunately dinner was cut short, and we had to miss the company anniversary presentation as Alex had decided she had enough fun for the day. So, we had to head back and put her to bed. Mom tried soothing her for a good 20 minutes, and she just kept getting more and more upset. Oh, well! Turns out it was a good thing that we were all in bed by 9:00 as Mom woke up at 2:00 AM with a REALLY upset tummy. She thinks she ate some bad "Peel-And-Eat" shrimp at lunch. She had a funny feeling about them when they were served lukewarm, and she actually only ate TWO shrimp and then sent them back. She was up all night feeling really nauseous and sitting on the potty. It was pretty terrible! Due to what we think was food poisoning, we had to cancel our Sunday morning plans to go to the Children's Museum and have a nice lunch. Mom was worried that she wasn't going to make the 2.5 hour car ride home...through the mountains and through all of the switchbacks. Turns out Dad took it super easy and slow, and she was okay.
This was the view from the room that Dad and I stayed in:

Here is the view of the Ski Resort from our balcony (the resort actually had its own lift to take skiers and snowboarders up the mountain...pretty neat):

Dad actually caught this picture of Alex and I Sunday morning while Mom was downstairs on the couch wishing she was dead:

Super cute, huh?
We got home safe and sound Sunday afternoon. Mom took a long nap, we picked up Molly and Moses from Susie's house, and got ourselves prepared for the week (including baths and 4 loads of laundry!). Mom was feeling 90% yesterday morning (which was a HUGE improvement). Our friend Mr. Jeremy came over for dinner last night. Mr. Jeremy and Ms. Jen moved to Tampa last Thanksgiving, and we miss them terribly! Mr. Jeremy was in Denver for work, so he decided to come down and see us! He gets to drive SUPER sweet cars around the country and test them out. What a cool job! It was great to visit with him. Not much else to report! Everyone is back to healthy and happy (-:
No comments:
Post a Comment