Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Happenings

Happy Monday, ya'll? YAWN. Well I was up half the night last night! So were my Mom and Dad and my baby sister! So we are off to a very sleepy and tired start. I was WIDE AWAKE between the hours of 11:30 PM and 2:30 AM and this is VERY unlike me. I was runnig a low-grade fever at 4:30 AM, so hopefully I'm not coming down with something. Alex was awake between 1:15 AM and about 3:45 AM, and lately...this is her norm. She still has a case of "THE POOPS" so Mom is getting up to change her diaper once...sometimes twice at night which causes a domino effect of a VERY awake baby and a VERY tired Mommy! Hopefully this all ends soon as we all need some good rest. We had a good weekend. Saturday we signed a contract and paid for Central Air Conditioning! Mom and Dad can't wait to have it installed and enjoy this summer (and all future summer's) in 72-76 degree temperatures inside! Woo Hoo! On Saturday night, The Loomis Family joined us for dinner. Gavin and I had fun playing and tiring out all of the adults. Mom caught some video of us being silly:

Sunday was spent catching up on household chores. Grandpa came over to try and help Dad get our front sprikler system in the front yard up and running (again). They think they are on to something...although Mom could have sworn they covered all bases as to what could be possibly wrong with them LAST summer when Grandpa came over for weeks to water our grass seed. I guess not. Ha! Random picutres taken throughout the weekend:Our pretty Snowball Viburnum is in full bloom!

Alex is a HAPPY Baby despite all her poop!

We think her hair is actually turning blonde. Maybe she will be a blondie like Mom was when she was a little girl.

Saturday afternoon nap time...veryone in the house was snoozin (including Molly and Moses) except for the person who could use a nap the most (and I'm sure you know who I'm talking about).

Alex is now rolling from belly to back, and back to belly. We keep telling her to slow down! There is no rush to grow up.

Sunday afternoon we decided to go to JC Penny's and shop for some comfortable clothes for Alex. Alex has more clothes than any one baby should own...but most of her clothes aren't practical for daycare. They are all super cute, but most of them are meant for warm weather, and the daycare is often pretty cool inside during the summer. Most of her clothes also have big bows or ties in the back...and that can't be comfortable to lay on all day. Mom found 9 pieces for Alex and I even got to pick out a t-shirt all for a total of $28. Score! (and you know I picked the Red Spiderman shirt!).

This week is a busy busy week. Dad has his sinus surgery on Wednesday afternoon and we are all hoping that his pain is manageable and doesn't leave him in bed for days. Mom isn't sure if she can survive without his help. Nanny and Adie come in from Fort Worth on Saturday, so it will be great to spend some time with them. Thank goodness next weekend is a 3 day weekend! We all need another day to catch up. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment