Monday, May 7, 2012

Big Potty Training Weekend, Alex Rolls Over, and Ms. Junior's Baby Shower

Disclaimer: Blogger just recently made some changes. It is driving Mom CRAZY that she can't find a way to fix some formatting issues. So, please forgive us as we work to learn the HTML issues that are causing weird alignments and such (like the ones in my post below).

Phew-Wee! We just had a very EXCITING and INTENSE weekend. I think I might have mentioned that we were going to start a rather accelerated potty training program this past weekend...and we certainly did. It's called "3-Day Potty Training," written by The Potty Training Queen Laura Jensen. We started it off bright and early on Saturday morning. I got to pick out a pair of BIG Boy underwear, and after that was decided...we marched downstairs and threw away the rest of my Size 4 diapers. Choosing 1 of 21 designs Mom bought at Target (sooo many cool ones to choose from):
Throwing the rest of my diapers away in the trash...never to be spoken of (or worn) again!
See ya "where the sun don't shine," diapers!
And then we were off to a FAST start. My new task was to learn when my body told me that I needed TO GO, and Mom and Dad's job was to help me get there by reminding me to "let mommy and daddy know if you need to go potty." I was only wearing a t-shirt and my underwear ALL weekend long (no pants). We also were not to leave the house, and somebody needed to be watching my every move every minute (sort of like housebreaking a puppy). Mom and Dad weren't allowed to ASK me if I needed to go...because it was predicted that I would always answer with a NO (according to The Queen). They weren't allowed to make me just go and sit on the toilet and "try"...or I could view that as punishment...and it wouldn't be doing me any favors because I would never learn what it feels like to need to go potty on my own. Mom and Dad were not allowed to bribe me with the cool stickers and M&M's they bought...they were only allowed to give them to me as a "silent reward" AFTER I went. They also deviated from The Queen a little bit by throwing in "The Potty Dance" after every "hit" in the toilet. Let me tell you guys...this was a very focused and exhausting process for ALL parties involved, and every "hit" was a HUGE celebration. If I had an accident, Mom and Dad were NOT allowed to scold me, or say anything negative other than "Oooh...that's yucky. Pee and Poop go in the potty." I had about 4-5 accidents back-to-back over the course of about 20 minutes Saturday morning. Mom was getting a little worried. THEN, all of a sudden...something clicked. I was reminded...then I would find a way to run to the bathroom and go pee! Mom and Dad were so very proud and they were dancing their bottom's off! After lunch, I had a LONG 3.5 hour nap...and woke up completely dry (but let me remind you...I had been doing this for a few weeks now...which was one of the reasons Mom and Dad knew I was ready to take this on). Sometime after my nap I managed to sneak out site for just a few seconds...and I started to go #2. Dad swooped me up and stuck me on my potty...and I managed to finish the rest of my poop in the right spot! Woo Hoo! Here I am modeling some of my NEW Big Boy Underwear (yes...they are on backwards because I INSIST on being able to see whatever character is suppose to be on my bottom in the front).
Big Boy!!
(Before I insisted that Mom turn them around):
Since I couldn't accumulate all of my many stickers on my shirt, Mom made a chart for me to display all of my accomplishments:
We are going to run out of room soon!
Day TWO (Sunday) was a lot less exhausting. I woke up completely dry Sunday morning, I woke up completely dry from my nap, I called Mom while she was at Junior's baby shower to let her know I pooped in the potty, and I only had one accident and I knew EXACTLY what had happened when it hit me when I wasn't in the right place. Dad actually stayed home from work with me today (Day THREE), and things are going AWESOME. Mom and Dad are so proud of me, and couldn't have asked for better results. Now, the hope is that when I return to daycare tomorrow...my teacher's will work with me to "remind" me every 10 minutes or so if I need to go by stating "Let Ms. Nikki/Ms. Jessica know if you need to go potty." We are all anticipating a few accidents until I really have it down...but I'm quite aware of my body signals now and I know that diapers are a thing of the past! Mom will be sure to update everyone on how I'm doing. A picture of Alex and I (because I told Mom..."take a picture!")
In other news...ALEX IS ROLLING OVER!! Mom put her on her belly Saturday afternoon for some Tummy Time, and when she looked back down after talking to Dad...Alex was on her back! Mom thought she might have been imagining things. So, she put Alex back on her belly...and sure enough! My baby sister has decided she despises Tummy Time soooo much, that instead of complaining about it? She will just find a way to get out of it (LOL). Below are two videos Mom captured of her in the act of rolling tummy to back at 16 weeks, 1 day old: & another one, but Mom's camera was tilted the wrong way: Such a big girl! Let's see...OH! On Sunday afternoon, Mom went to Ms. Junior's baby shower for Baby Cammi (who is expected Mid-June). Mom, Auntie K, Junior's Mom (Kathie), and her cousin (Leah) were all hostesses. So, they all reported 2 hours for duty before the shower started to get everything decorated and the food ready to go. Mom found quite a bit of her inspiration on Pinterest, including these little baby jars that were dipped in paint and then stuffed with carnations:
Auntie Karissa came over to the house on Saturday to work on tying all the cute little ribbons around the baby jars and slicing and dicing the veggie and cheese/cracker trays. We think the flower jars turned out perfect (and not only did they act as decor, there were given to the guests as favors):
Leah, Mom, Carissa Junior, and Karissa:
Ms. Junior with Baby Peighton:
Auntie Amber enjoying some punch!
Auntie K!
My Mommy! Mom made the tissue poms to hang just like the one's in Alex's nursery. Hopefully Ms. Junior can use them somehow in Cammi's nursery!
Kathie and Baby Peighton:
Amber and Karissa:
Baby Cammi is off to a terrific start with all the wonderful gifts she received!
The Mamma-To-Be and her Mamma!
Yummy cake!
The shower was a huge success, and there are quite a few people that are super excited to welcome Baby Cammi into this world (including Alex...she will have a new playmate). We finished off our weekend with chili for dinner, bath time, and bed time stories. Hope everyone has a wonderful week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment