Monday, December 5, 2011

Weekend Update and Christmas Tree is UP!

Hi, All! Hope everyone had a great week last week, and a fantastic weekend. First, let me update you on the appointment Mom and Dad went to last Thursday for Baby Alex. Turns out...she is doing great! She weighed 5 pounds, 2 ounces. Her head is down and unless she decides to flip around...she is ready to go! They got to sneak a picture of her in 4D, and didn't get to see much because she had both hands up to her face and was hiding. They registered at the hospital that I was born at, and they filled out her Social Security Card. Her "official" name will be: Alexandrea Lee Wright! No turning back now.

We started off our weekend by eating dinner at Boston Market (I always eat REALLY well there), and then a trip to Babies R Us where we stumbled upon curtains for Alex's room (who would have imagined we would find the perfect curtains at Babies R Us of all places?).


Dad ended up having to work ALL day on Saturday. So it was just Mom and I hanging out. We got a few things done around the house in the morning, and then decided we needed some play time and pizza! So, off to ITZ we went!

Going down the slide:

Shoot em!

The end result...I was one tired munchkin by the time we got home. I napped for 2 hours, and 40 minutes! Woo hoo!

Grandma and Grandpa ended up coming over to the house so that Mom and Dad could go out and enjoy the evening they were planning on having LAST weekend...before we all got sick. They went to dinner at The Melting Pot. They enjoyed salad, a traditional Swiss fondue with different breads, fruits and veggies for dipping, and a Smores chocolate dessert fondue. They were smart and skipped all the meats so that they had plenty of room for dessert (the best part). Mom mentioned how much I would have loved all the chocolate!

After dinner, they walked down the street to the movie theatre and ended up seeing The Descendants. They arrived home to hear an A+ report from Grandma and Grandpa. I didn't shed any tears, and was on my best behavior.

On Sunday, Dad had to work all morning again. So, Mom and I stayed warm on the couch watching movies. After Dad got home...we decided it was time to put up the Christmas Tree. The tree that we used is the tree that Mom decorated when she was younger...we decided to borrow it from Grandma and Grandpa since it is much bigger than our old tree. So, Mom decided to pop some cookies in the oven....

And we decided to get to decorating (with cookies in our hands):


Here I am "sorting" out all the Christmas Lights (or tangling them up into an impossible knot to get undone...it's all the same). I had a blast doing this!

I decided to decorate Moses with the lights...Moses wasn't too sure he wanted to be mistaken for a Christmas Tree.

Here she is! The final product!


Posing in front of the tree:

After my bath, I decided I wanted to do some more admiring with Dad:



It feels nice to have the tree up and decorated. It's starting to look a lot like Christmas (-: Have a good week, ya'll! & stay warm (we have a HIGH temp of 9 degrees today...burrrr).

No comments:

Post a Comment