On Saturday we got busy working on Alex's nursery bright and early. Dad hung blinds, hung shelves, hung Scrabble Wall Letters, installed a dimmer switch, and hung Alex's main picture over the changing table. Mom will post some final pictures once it is ALL done, but for now you can get a sneak peak. Dad installing the NEW blinds (curtains are currently being worked on by Susie):
Hanging up Alex's giant Scrabble Letters. Mom created the tissue poms last week, and hung those up...but she still has a few more she is going to add to the bunch.
Nice!
After working on the nursery and getting chores done around the house...AND after my 3 HOUR NAP (WOW)...we decided we would pay Santa a visit at the mall. Almost right after we made our way to Santa's chair...we discovered he was getting ready to go on a dinner break to feed the reindeer. Bummer!! So, we had an hour to kill in the mall. Normally, this wouldn't be such a big deal...but Mom can't hang as long as she used to without her back and feet hurting her...so we had to get creative. Mom actually ended up riding up and down the elevator with me 45 times. That killed about 30 minutes while Dad saved our spot in line. It ended up working out quite well.
We also stopped by and visited all the HUGE and very detailed Gingerbread houses that were on display.
This one had a bunch of chocolate on it...and you guessed right...I wanted at that chocolate!
We went to an ornament store and I found a Grave Digger Monster Truck ornament I did not want to let go of. It was WAY cool.
Waiting in line for the Jolly Ol' St. Nick:
Getting Close to the front of the line!
And here we are! (Santa trying to remove my fingers from my mouth):
"Look at Mommy so she can take a picture!" I wasn't in tears...but I wasn't really smiling either. I guess you could say I "remained neutral."
Santa did ask me what I wanted for Christmas, and I replied "Tools!" So, hopefully he jotted that down.
After visiting with Santa, we stopped at Jason's Deli for dinner. We ran into my buddy Spenser, who was there with his Grandma and Grandpa! He just had a Birthday, so he let me check out his brand new headphones.
Jamming out while eating some chocolate ice cream:
We ended up having a wonderful Saturday. On Sunday morning...Mom decided to make a mug of hot chocolate with no shortage of whipped cream or marshmallows.
Guess who decided that it tasted pretty darn good? Hahhaha. We have watched The Polar Express once or twice this month...and I love the scene where the waiters come out and serve all the kids HOT CHOCOLATE!! Now I know exactly what it is they are drinking in the movie. Yum!
Oh, and Mom and Dad decided to get brave and take me to my FIRST movie after I woke up from my nap. We went to see Arthur Christmas. We had to take a few breaks during the movie, and we ended up leaving about 30 minutes before the movie was over when I asked "Bye Bye?" I was sort of over it. In my defense...this movie might be aimed at older children. Mom even thinks it was a little difficult to follow...and had some really slow parts. Maybe we will try again in a year or so!
Mom made burrito casserole for dinner when we arrived home, and then I was off to bed! Overall...a great weekend. Only one more weekend and it will be Christmas! We have SOOO much to do...both Christmas related and baby related. It's going to be a busy next few weeks, that is for sure. Hopefully Alex doesn't decide to surprise us all and come early. Have a great week, everyone!
Now I see how the movie went :) I suppose w/ 2 this will be a difficult adventure to re-attempt unless the little one gets left behind
ReplyDeleteWTG on the nursery progress! Ours still isn't finished.