We also decorated Christmas cookies and sipped on hot chocolate. It was the PERFECT way to spend the morning of Christmas Eve. In the picture below you will see Ms. Kim (Daniel's Grandma) helping me use the cookie cutters in the cookie dough.
We made Ms. GG's house look like a tornado hit it!
We also had fun playing with icing...uhh...I mean...decorating the sugar cookies!
Look at the mess and all the pretty, decorated cookies. YUM. Let's just say I decided to skip lunch because I was full of hot chocolate, icing, and cookies. Tis the season, right?
OH, and I also decided to skip my nap for the day. Well, I fell asleep for the 25 minute ride home, and then I was ready for more Holiday festivities. Mom and Dad picked up some yummy food from Old Chicago's, and Grandma and Grandpa came over so we could munch and hang out on Christmas Eve. Grandma, Mom and I watched The Polar Express before I was ready for bed...and ready for Santa to come!
Here is Dad (one of Santa's Elves) putting together my Home Depot tool box. I have been after Dad's tools for months now, so we all knew this was something that I would be VERY happy to see sitting under the tree Christmas morning.
On Christmas morning, I was up at my normal time (7:00 am). Mom and Dad whisked me right downstairs to see what was under the tree (Mom was soo excited to see my reaction...she was actually up at 6:00 am just waiting for me to wake up!). And guess what you guys? It was hard to pry me away from my new tools so that I could see what else was under the tree. My FAVORITE tools is my drill. I want to take it with me EVERYWHERE we go!
Checking them all out.
I also got a new tricycle! I have a few inches to grow before me feet can touch the peddles, but I love climbing up and sitting on it. I also got a new snow shovel from Santa. Dad is pretty happy to have his snow shovel and tools back. I can't wait until the next big snow so I can go out along side Dad and help him shovel.
Mom made Christmas breakfast. Chocolate chip pancakes, fruit, and yogurt for me. Biscuits and Gravy for her and Dad. OH, and she got a new Keruig coffee maker, and both her and Dad think it is pretty cool. Mom loves the coffee...Dad can't wait to brew sweet tea with it.
Yum, Yum, Yum.
After our bellies were full, we decided to open the gifts that all of our family and friends sent. We are so fortunate to have such generous friends and family.
A really cool pop-up Dinosaur book from my family (The James' in Virginia):
A neat wooden tool set from The Gillings':
A really cool book and a Toys R Us Gift card from Nanny and Adie:
A soft nap blanket and puppy pillow from The Hippert's in Dallas, TX:
I also received a Cars movie from Mumsie and Granddaddy. Ya'll? I made out like a bandit!!
Later in the morning Grandma and Grandpa came by and dropped off even MORE presents. They got me a really neat Disney book with stories containing all my favorite characters, Toy Story 2 on Blue-Ray, and some of my favorite Toy Story Characters (Buzz, Woody, Rex, and Jesse).
Thank you so much everyone!!!
Here mom captured a picture of Grandpa and Dad admiring my new tool set:
Oh, and a 2012 Toy Story calendar to replace my 2011 Toy Story calendar. Perfect!
Playing with my tools (again).
Around 6:00 PM, we left for Grandma and Grandpa's house so we could join them for Christmas dinner. Here is a picture of Uncle Doug's Christmas tree. Grandma and Grandpa put it out every year for us all to enjoy.
The picture below is everyone chowing down for dinner. We had Prime Rib, double-baked potatoes, green bean casserole, Margaret's candied yams, and fresh croissants. Mom wishes she hadn't gone back for 2nds. She barely had room for chocolate pie!
Don and Margaret enjoying their dinner:
Sitting on Grandma's lap:
Wait...more presents?? Don and Margaret also gave me a couple of gifts to unwrap. A really cool truck that pulls a snow mobile, and a Sherriff’s bus.
Here I sat patiently waiting for Grandpa to remove all of the twist-ties and wrapping on my new truck. Thanks, Grandpa (notice my drill close to my side?).
We didn't leave until well after my bedtime. We all had a great time and had a wonderful Christmas. I have spent the majority of today playing with my new toys while Mom and Dad have started to knock out items on a rather lengthy "To-Do" list. Organizing, cleaning, moving, rearranging, consolidating, and lots of sorting. Tomorrow, Moses has surgery to get his little tumor removed...Dad and I have haircuts...and we have one of the cars in the shop so hopefully that will be ready to be picked up. I'm home with Mom and Dad until Thursday, when I will go to daycare while Mom and Dad have a day to spend together getting a few more things accomplished (and they may even sneak in a lunch and movie date). Hope everyone enjoys their last week in the year 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment