Tuesday, November 29, 2011

LONG Weekend &Thanksgiving & Mom's Birthday & The Crud

Phew, Ya'll. I have quite a bit of updating and sharing to do...so let's get started, shall we?

We started off our LONG Thanksgiving weekend just great! Dinner out with surprise visitors (Ms. Junior and Mr. Jason who I was VERY excited to see walk in the door), and a relaxing evening at home. Thursday was Thanksgiving AND Mom's Birthday. We wasted no time getting dressed in the morning and going to one of Mom's favorite Bagel spots: Einstein’s!
Enjoying some Bagel Poppers, OJ, and fresh fruit:


Dad enjoying his breakfast:

Mom getting ready to enjoy her Bagel sandwich and latte on her 31st Birthday:

After breakfast...we came home and watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. FYIL Dad makes a REALLY comfy pillow for watching a parade.

And ya'll? IT WAS 71 DEGREES HERE IN COLORADO!! Amazing November weather!! So, we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and walk on down to the park.



Yes. I enjoy going head-first down the slide! Let's hope my baby sister is in a similar position here in a few weeks!



After a trip to the park, Mom came home to prepare Green bean Casserole. The ONLY dish she was responsible for bringing to Thanksgiving Dinner. You got off pretty easy this year, Mom! After we packed all of our goodies, we met Grandma and Grandpa over at Don and Margaret's for Thanksgiving Dinner. I'm pretty sure the last time I was at Don and Margaret's was for Thanksgiving in 2009. I was about 5-6 weeks old at the time.
The table almost ready for dinner:

Dad and I drooling...I mean...watching Grandma carve the turkey and the ham:

Grandma hard at work:

Everyone ready to eat Thanksgiving.

We all have so much to be thankful for this year. It was wonderful to be able to enjoy such a lovely meal with our loved ones. Margaret always cooks an outstanding meal with ALL the fixins. We all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. After dinner, it was time for a "horsey ride." Grandpa gives pretty good horsey rides on demand.

We all enjoyed some delicious homemade chocolate pie once we made room (compliments of Grandma), and took our full bellies home for bed. It was a very enjoyable Thanksgiving, and Mom reports that she had a wonderful Birthday. THEN...early Friday morning...I started coughing. Nothing too bad, but it definitely caught Mom and Dad's attention. I was not running a fever at this point. Mom enjoyed a planned afternoon with the girls...lunch at Johnny Carino's and pedicures while I hung out with Dad.
Auntie K and Ms. Junior enjoying their pedicures:

Auntie A enjoying her pedicure:

And Mom's view of her enjoying her pedicure. In case you were wondering...she decided to paint her toenails a bright red with red and silver sparkles for the Christmas Season. Too bad nobody will get to see her pretty toenails now that sandal season is over.

Mom was spoiled with Starbucks and Panera gift cards from all her friends. Do they know her well, or what?

After Mom returned home from a fun afternoon out, Dad reported that I woke up from my afternoon nap feeling pretty crummy. A dose of Tylenol, and I perked up quite a bit. Since everyone was WAY to full for Birthday cake on Thanksgiving, Grandma and Grandpa came over Friday night to enjoy some of this:

A Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cake! Chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate cake. Ms. Junior and her cousin came over and enjoyed some cake as well. I didn't get to enjoy any since I was already in bed. Not fair! As Mom and Dad were sitting on the couch visiting with their guests...they both noticed that they were starting to feel a little "off." They figured a good night’s sleep was in order...but little did they know...I spent the majority of the evening up with a very persistent cough. On Saturday morning...we ALL woke up feeling rather yucky, and we all spent the majority of the day lying around on the couch watching movies.
Not feeling well at all:

Molly and Moses hiding from all of us "sickleys":

Later on Saturday afternoon...we decided to go ahead and make a trip to the Urgent Care right up the street from us. I was starting to tug at my ears, and Dad was convinced that he had the start of a sinus infection brewing. After seeing the doc, it was confirmed: My left ear was pretty red and irritated with an infection, and Dad definitely had something brewing in his sinuses. So off to Walgreens for antibiotics...and then right back home to the couch. Most of the day Sunday was also spent on the couch relaxing and taking it easy. We must have watched Cars, Toy Story, and Finding Nemo each 873 times! Later in the afternoon...Mom decided she was feeling well enough to make a trip to the grocery store for food and drugs. She also mustered up the energy to cook up some delicious chicken and cheese enchiladas. Go Mom!

We all decided to go to bed EARLY on Sunday night. This ended up being a very good call...considering I woke up at 3:00 AM with a coughing attack that NOTHING would stop. I was one miserable little guy. Mom and Dad tried steaming up the bathroom, taking me outside for some cold air, honey, vapor rub, elevating my bed, warm apple juice, Delysum, Tylenol, a cool mist humidifier, saline drops, suctioning my nose, and FINALLY...Dad decided to run to the store at 4:00 AM for some Children’s Benadryl recommended to us by the after-hours on-call nurse. NOTHING helped. So Mom decided a trip to visit Dr. Reich and Nurse Sue was in order.
Falling asleep on my bench after a very miserable night. None of us got very much sleep:

Our visit with Dr. Reich confirmed that I had a 101 degree fever, and that I now had an ear infection in both ears...and that my cough sounded just like Croup. If you remember back a few weeks...I had Croup right around the first of November. For this reason, Dr. Reich decided not to give me more of the oral prednisone. Instead, she decided it would be best for me to have my medication through a nebulizer. She also switched my antibiotic to a stronger form. Dr. Reich has *some* concern that I could have pneumonia, so Mom was given a prescription for an X-Ray on my chest if I'm not doing much better by tomorrow. The first treatment that I had last night seemed to help TREMENDOUSLY:

Mom and I both slept much, much better. Dad on the other hand? He is not recovering as fast as he had hoped and had another rough night. His doctor told him he needs to give his antibiotics some more time to really kick in. So, Dad and I are home again today resting and recuperating.

In other news: Mom has an ultrasound tomorrow where they are going to take a good look at Baby Alex. They want to see how she is growing, and Mom and Dad want to see if the ultrasound tech can spot any hair on her head (like they could with me when I was this far along in the oven). They also have an appointment at the hospital to get all their pre-admissions paperwork completed. The time is growing near! I can't wait to meet my baby sister.

OH, and MORE NEWS: I was apparently feeling well enough this morning that I decided to make an escape from my crib! Remember me mentioning that my crib mattress had been elevated due to my cough? Well I decided to take advantage of this opportunity and went ahead ahead and used the elevated portion to throw my leg over the top of the rail, and climb on over. Dad opened my bedroom door in just enough time to watch me let go and hit the ground. I let out a pretty good cry, and Dad lectured me on the dangers of crawling out of my crib. Thankfully, I was not hurt...just scared. So...Mom just purchased a guard rail, and we will be turning my crib into a toddler bed within the next few days. They were hoping that I would want to stay put for a few more months. So much for that! I will be sure to keep you posted on how well the transition to my toddler bed goes. Mom and Dad are not looking forward to the extra freedom that I will now have, but this time was coming sooner than later.

Have a good week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment