Tuesday, November 1, 2011

My First REAL Trick-Or-Treating Experience

I know you are all just DYING to know how my Halloween evening went...so, here you have it! We started off our evening with pizza and candy and cupcakes at a friend of a friend’s house. Can you think of a better way to possibly begin an evening full of excitement and more candy?? I think NOT.

I think I ate a piece of pizza, some grapes, about 25 candy corns, a cookie, and part of Mom's cupcake (oh, and a Capri Sun). Needless to say...I WAS AMPED AND READY TO GO! There were quite a few kids that showed up for the pre Trick-Or-Treating festivities, so Gavin and I had a fun time running around in the yard and watching the older kids run around as well while we waited for it to get dark. It was clear that the sugar highs were in full effect.


Mom DID manage to capture one really quick picture of me IN my monkey costume. It lasted all of 2 minutes, so this is the best she could do:

However, Gavin was wearing the same exact costume and managed to not only leave it on the entire time, but he even posed for a picture for Mom! So, picture my face in this costume and you will get the idea:

You guys? I was a TOTAL TRIP. I had everyone cracking up the entire evening. The first house we went to...when the nice lady opened her front door, I decided to just go right in! Hey! Who could blame me? Usually when a door opens, it is opening so I can come in and visit, right?

I was insisting that Mom open EVERY.SINGLE.SUCKER that I received. When she refused to open it I would throw a mini-tantrum. There were a few times when a nice man or woman would answer the door and instead of saying "Trick-Or-Treat" I would say "CANNY!" (Candy). A few times Mom would remind me to say "Thank You" by whispering in my ear "What do you say?" and instead of saying "THANK YOU", I would say "MORE?" Once folks realized just how cute and adorable Gavin and I were...they would kneel down to our level and stick out their bowl of candy so that we could help ourselves. SUCKAS!!! I would grab as many handfuls as I could before the adults started objecting. At one door, I had Ms. Larissa lift me up so I could ring the doorbell. As soon as she put me back down on the ground...I started knocking on the door. It was clear I didn't have the time to wait around for nonsense! Open the door and GIVE ME CANNY!! After about an hour...Mom and Dad decided it was time to call it a night. I got to chomp down on a orange sucker on the way home...so I was quite content. Here are some more of the shots that Mom captured throughout the evening:








Everyone thought Gavin and I were just the cutest things (and we were). We made quite a few nice folks smile from ear to ear. We had a great time, and I can't wait to do it again next year! Hope Halloween 2011 was great for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment