Monday, November 7, 2011

Caught The Croup, Exciting Weekend, and Happy Birthday Grandma!!

Greetings, All! Well, not sure if you heard but my healthy streak came to an end last Wednesday. I woke up in the middle of the night with strider (which is like wheezing, but all in the upper- respiratory area). It sounds pretty scary. I think it was a little over a year ago when I had the same thing happen in the middle of the night, and it turns out I had Croup. So, this time Mom and Dad weren’t so panicked, and once they calmed me down I was okay. They made an appointment for me first thing in the morning to see Dr. Reich, and it was confirmed that I had Croup again. Dr. Reich called in a prescription for some Prednisone, and I have been doing okay since then. It had been since the end of March since we had to make a special trip to see the doc. Mom thought we were LONG over-due, and was super grateful that I had been so healthy for so long. With the colder weather moving in, we are all pretty sure this winter will bring its share of illness.

Well, we sure did have a fun and exciting weekend. Saturday was a very busy day for Mom and Dad trying to get a bunch of little things done here and there, mixed in with our normal weekend chores. Grocery shopping, laundry, putting together nursery furniture, cleaning, entertaining ME, etc. After a busy day, I was dropped off at my buddy Gavin's house while Mom and Dad went to a going away party for The Abercrombie’s. Gavin's Dad hurt his foot earlier in the week, and it turns out Gavin caught Croup as well. He may have caught it from me, or somebody else at daycare. Anyway, Gavin's mama was due with his baby sister any day now...and Mom joked with her Saturday night about going into labor since her hubby is on crutches and Gavin is now sick. WELL, turns out Gavin's baby sister (Gwyneth) was born around 7:30 AM in the morning at their home while Mr. Shawn was taking Gavin over to his grandparents house! Turns out Mom's formula wasn't very far off! Mom and Dad are still pretty blown away, and their story will be on the local news tonight! Both Gavin's Mama and new baby sister are doing just great, and are expected to go home sometime today. We are so happy that everyone is healthy and we are excited to meet baby Gwyn! Baby Gwyn and my baby sister, Alex will be together for the majority of their time spent at daycare...just like Gavin and I!

Here are some pictures of The Abercrombie’s going away get together. They are moving to Florida at the end of this month, and will be greatly missed.
Ms. Jen and Dad getting ready to chow down on some yummy BBQ:

Mr. Jeremy trying to lick Ms. Jen's face (silly):

Mom with some of her dearest friends:

Ms. Junior and Mr. Jason:

Auntie Amber and Ms. Jen!


On Sunday morning, Auntie K came over to hang with me while Mom, Dad, Grandma, and Grandpa all went to the Broadmoor for Sunday Brunch. Mom said I'm welcome to join them when I can eat my weight in food, and can behave like a gentleman...maybe in 10-13 years? This was the 4th year carrying on the tradition.
Grandma getting ready to enjoy her first round:

Dad starting off with the traditional breakfast items:

The beautiful view from the table they were seated at:

Grandma and Grandpa posing for Mom outside of the brunch area:

Mom and Dad posing for Grandpa outside:

A wonderful day!

View of the Broadmoor hotel looking across the lake:

We are wishing Grandma a VERY Happy Birthday today, and a Very Happy Anniversary to Grandma and Grandpa as they celebrate 36 years of marriage! They were married the same year that Dad was born ON Grandma's Birthday. Pretty neat!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys had a good time :)That bbq is good stuff

    ReplyDelete