Monday, November 14, 2011

Easy-Going Weekend

Hi, All! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. We didn't do too much...and it worked out quite well for us!

Mom had a doctor's appointment for Baby Alex on Friday afternoon. The Doc said that my baby sister sounds and feels wonderful! Her head is down, and she is measuring about one week ahead (at 32 weeks). Her heart rate was healthy, and the doc was also happy with all of Mom's stats and measurements.

We met Grandma and Grandpa for Panera on Friday night. At one point I coughed directly in Grandpa's face. Grandpa winced, and I said "Dat's Funny!" I had Mom giggling about it all weekend. We had a nice visit. On Saturday, I was 100% toddler. Meltdown central holy cow. LOOK OUT. Molly and Moses had their annual vet exam with Dr. Pierce. It was quite the circus, let me tell you. Dr. Pierce noticed that Molly's right pupil was more dilated than her left, but she didn't seem to worried about it. Dad had discovered a small growth on Moses' chest awhile back, and Dr. Pierce decided to take some of the cells from the growth and look at them under a microscope. Turns out the cells that she saw are worrisome, and she wants to perform surgery in the near future to remove the growth. So, we will get this scheduled for Moses right away. Molly didn't flinch during her shots, Moses squealed like a big baby! Too funny.

After the vet visit we ran a few errands, groomed the backyard for winter, and Mom went through a bunch of baby's sisters clothes trying to wrap her brain around what she needs and when and where. We decided to drive across town to eat dinner at Pei Wei. I was surprisingly well behaved and content, and we all enjoyed the atmosphere and our food.



On Sunday we spent some time relaxing in the morning. After I went down for my afternoon nap, Mom went grocery shopping and Dad watched some football. Once I was up and had a snack, we decided to go over and meet Gavin's new baby sister. Let me tell you...Baby Gwyn she is TEENY TINY and oh so sweet. I never really did get too close, as Mom was pretty much holding her the entire time. I would point to her and say "Bay-bee," but for the most part...I wasn't very interested in her. I was far too busy trying to wrestle Gavin for his Legos and Thomas the Train toys. Ms. Larissa and Mr. Shawn seemed to be in great spirits and it was nice to visit with them. Mom made them some breakfast burritos that can be frozen, and make a great, quick, meal for those early mornings when little sleep was had the night before. After our visit we came home and ate homemade fried chicken tenders, homemade mashed potatoes, and corn. Yum! Nothing like some good old comfort food.

I'm happy to also report that today was morning #4 of a fairly smooth and tearless daycare drop-off. Although we walked down to Ms. Eva's room to say "good morning," she was not at school today. I was still able to say hello to some of my old buddies, and I gladly went to see Ms. Jessica in my "new" room without any hesitation. This makes both Mom and Dad extremely pleased. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment