Monday, July 25, 2011

Weekend Update

Greetings, friends and family! We had a pretty good weekend. Started off our weekend at Subway on Friday evening. We needed a place to go that was cooler than the 82 degrees it was in our kitchen, and Mom decided she wasn't cooking (although she rarely ever does cook on a Friday night). So...Subway it was! Ooh, and I had a COOKIE, and it was GOOD:

On Saturday we did our same old, same old Saturday morning routine. Clean up here and there...a little of this and a little of that. When I went down for my nap, Mom took off to go pick up Gavin's Mama for lunch for an afternoon of shopping for maternity clothes. I got a couple new items of clothing out of the deal also from a local consignment store! Larissa and Mom had a great afternoon visiting and browsing the clothing racks. Oh! & in case you were wondering how Mom is doing...she is feeling almost...NORMAL. Early last week she started noticing a change for the better (other than feeling tired and hungry most the time...both things she can handle). For awhile there she was having some bad headaches, and would often start feeling crummy in the late afternoon/early evening. So, she is happy that the nausea and headaches have taken a break, at least for now.
I decided to host my own Tupperware party on Saturday afternoon:

Oh, you didn't get an Evite?

Mom and Dad thanked me because it gave them an excuse to get rid of all the Tupperware containers that were missing lids. So I really helped them consolidate, and now Tupperware isn't spilling out all over the place! Glad I could help. On Saturday night, Grandma and Grandpa came over to hang out with me while Mom and Dad had a delayed date night! They were supposed to go out last weekend in celebration of their anniversary. You know what they say! Better late than never. While they enjoyed a quiet dinner at Rock Bottom, and the movie "Horrible Bosses," I enjoyed pizza and some quality time with Grandma and Grandpa. They also took me for a walk around the block in my wagon. At one point in the evening, I went into the corner and cried for "Mommy." This is funny as I usually request "Daddy." Grandma and Grandpa did a great job distracting me and keeping me happy.
Dad enjoying his steak, Mac n' cheese, and mashed potatoes at Rock Bottom (the steak is hiding):

On Sunday, we took it easy in the morning and just hung around the house. Mom met an old friend for lunch on Sunday afternoon, while I napped and Dad tried to kill the annoying weeds that keep growing around our house. Mom came home to a very fussy, irritated, and cranky toddler (me). It dawned on Mom and Dad that I had not been out of the house since Friday evening...and that it was time for a field trip! So, we went to ITZ so that I could run around and explore and have a change of scenery. I was happy as a clam.
Going down the slide:

My "this is serious business racing a toy race car" face:


Skateboarding:

Shooting some hoops:

Score!!!

Turns out shortly after we arrived back home from ITZ...I reverted directly back to my fussiness and crankiness. So, Dad rocked me for a bit in my cool and dark room...and I went right to sleep. It has been MONTHS since I have taken an evening nap. Turns out I needed it. Mom and Dad had a quiet dinner (Mom made sour cream enchiladas), and after I woke up...we celebrated Molly's 5th Birthday!! Molly and Moses each enjoyed a special Birthday treat (some vanilla doggie ice cream), and we all gave the birthday girl some extra love:

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

No comments:

Post a Comment