Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fun Summer Day!

Sometimes...you just need to take a day off from the "norm" and fill it with FUN, and that is just what Mom and I decided to do yesterday! We started off our morning by driving up to Monument to meet Daniel, Ms. GG and Ms. Kim (Daniel's Grandmother) at the YMCA swimming pool. Daniel and I had a blast going up and down the waterslide. I have become overly confident and I do not want mom holding on to me when moving around the pool. In some parts the water comes right up to my chin, so Mom had a hard time letting go. I only managed to go under completely once or twice...and I handled it really well. We had a great time! After swimming, we went to a really cool restaurant in Palmer Lake called "The Depot." Guess what it had a lot of? Yep! You guessed correctly! TRAIN STUFF. Daniel and I loved watching the toy train that goes around the parameter of the restaurant. Way cool!

Daniel playing with Lightning McQueen while waiting for our lunch:

Ready to eat:

After splitting a grilled cheese sandwich with Daniel, we decided to head back to Daniel's house for afternoon naps. While Daniel and I were napping...Mom, Ms. GG and Ms. Kim all relaxed, visited, and drank lemonade. It was perfect and very quiet (-:

Daniel and I each slept for a couple of hours, and then woke up ready to go! We decided we would go to the mall and do some shopping...but not before a snack!


Mom and Ms. GG managed to find a couple of things to fit their growing bellies while out shopping! Oh, did I forget to tell you? Daniel is going to be a big brother right about the same time that I am! After shopping, Mom and I left to meet dad for dinner at home. We had a terrific day with great company, and we hope to do it again in the future. Thanks for coming out to see us, Ms. Kim!

No comments:

Post a Comment