I completely forgot to do a recap of Grandpa's Birthday last week! Grandma and Grandpa came over on Thursday for Jimmy John's and ice cream cake.
Grandpa's Birthday Cake (with mint chocolate chip ice cream):

Grandpa listening to us singing Happy Birthday to him:

Singing "Happy Birthday" (I have the "Happy" part down pretty good):

Grandpa and I:

"Hey...ummm...can I have one of those Oreos?"

"Ooooh. Yum. This is what I'm talking about."

"Oh, sure...I guess I can share with our guest of honor."

"Mmm. Good stuff, eh?"

Grandpa was nice enough to share some of his cake with me also:


We had a great time celebrating Grandpa's Birthday.
Last week was a LONG week, so we were allreally looking forward to the long 3-day weekend. We did quite a bit of relaxing around the house...staying in our PJ's until noon every day, and playing inside and outside. It was just what we needed!
Bed-head and PJ's!
We decided that since it was soo hot, that it was time for a pool! Since we don't belong to one of the fancy athletic clubs around town, we had to go to Target and find something that would make do.
I picked out this cool Lion pool:
I had a blast splashing around and cooling off for about 2 hours.!
Mom even got in her swim suit and hung out in the pool with me (not pictured):

On Monday (The 4th of July), we spent the morning hanging around the house and getting some food prepared for the BBQ. After my nap we left for Monument to go to the Gillings' house to celebrate. I got to see my buddies Daniel and Cortland, along with all of Mom and Dad's friends. We ran around outside on the deck, played with toys, and ate some yummy food. We didn't stick around long enough to see the fireworks, as they didn't get started until 9:30 PM...waaay past my bedtime.
Cortland and I posing for the picture:
Auntie Amber and Auntie K:
A view looking down on the lower deck from the upper balcony:
Daniel and I being instructed to show off our bellies:
I got to eat a sucker without having to have my hair cut!
Daniel enjoying his very first blueberry sucker:
Dinner time on the deck!
Auntie Amber, Auntie Karissa, and Mrs. GG enjoying their 4th:
This was the cherry pie that Mrs. GG made. It was DELICIOUS:
View of Woodmor Lake from the yard:
Auntie K took this picture of us as we were looking down:
White chocolate covered strawberries dipped in blue sprinkles that Mom made:
We had a fantastic time hanging out with friend, and had a wonderful weekend. Hope everyone has a great start to their week!
No comments:
Post a Comment