Monday, July 18, 2011

Hot Summer Weekend

Holy COW we are dying! It was 86 degrees in our house last night at 7:00 PM!! Okay...now that we got that out of the way. PHEW! Luckily, we still managed to have a great weekend. We took it easy around the house on Friday night. No cooking for Mom as it is too HOT...so we had Subway! On Saturday we did our morning chores, I took my afternoon nap...we ran a few errands...and then we went over to Auntie K's! Auntie Karissa just finished up her MBA at UCCS! We are all so very proud of her, and HAD to join in on the celebration of this great achievement. The "usual" suspects were all present:
Auntie K and Ms. Jen (who was just in a car accident, and we are so very happy that she was unharmed...just a little sore):

My buddy Cortland!

Dad, Ms. Jen and Mr. Jeremy enjoying the party:

Ms. GG and Danny G!

Posing for a picture for Mom:

Congratulations, Auntie K!!! Now when I see cake I say "Happy!" (cause I know we are about to sing Happy Birthday, that...and cake makes me HAPPY!).

Cortland and I playing in dirt. I had it CAKED on me! Barefoot and dirty...part of being a boy!
I had a great time playing with all of the new toys, eating treats, and staying up way past my bedtime. Mom and Dad enjoyed seeing all their friends and celebrating with Auntie K! It was a wonderful evening.
On Sunday, we decided to get up and go have breakfast at one of our favorite places: Cracker Barrel. Mom and Dad love their French Toast, Biscuits and Gravy, and Hash brown Casserole...I love to look and play with all the cool toys in their country store. A win win!
Playing with the cool table toy. I had fun taking all the pegs out, and putting them back in. Once I completed one of the tasks (taking them out or putting them back), I would clap and say "Yay!" I sure was proud of myself.



After breakfast we did some grocery shopping, I ate lunch...and then took a 3 hour nap! While I was napping, my sweet Daddy was calling around trying to locate one of the last plastic kiddie pools in town so that I could enjoy a cool afternoon outside. He found one! & he didn't waste any time going to pick it up. So, Mom and I did some splashing around and enjoyed some fun in the sun. Mom didn't want to get back in the pool after I decided I wanted to eat my crackers in it. Between all the floaters and the bugs and the toddler goo, Mom was perfectly content sitting in a lawn chair BY the pool watching me play. No pictures were taken in fear that Mom's camera phone could risk the chance of ending up being a pool floater. While Mom and I were splashing around, Dad took Molly and Moses to get their nails trimmed. Molly and Moses HATE having their nails messed with. So, I gave Molly some extra love when she returned home:


Hope everyone had a cool weekend! Mom is taking Wednesday off of work so that her and I can join Daniel and his Grandma (along with Ms. GG) for a fun day out and about. We aren't sure what we are going to do just yet. Maybe swimming in the morning and an afternoon at the mall? Not sure but we will come up with something fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment