Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekend Update

Burrrr. We are expecting some snow this afternoon and this evening! Snow day tomorrow, possibly?? We can only hope!

This past weekend was a good one! We just hung around the house on Friday evening. Mom was recovering from a migraine headache, so we just took it easy and relaxed a bit. On Saturday, Mom and I were up early and let Dad sleep in for a bit. After Dad was woken up by a couple of stinky Pugs, Mom left to go and meet her good friend Junior for breakfast and coffee. Later in the afternoon, our photographer came over and we went to the park down the street. I felt like I had a paparazzi following me as both Mom and Shannon were photographing my every move. Mom picked up some very helpful hints in regards to her operating her camera, and hopes to demo them soon! On Saturday night, I hung out with Grandma while Mom and Dad joined some friends at Rock Bottom to celebrate Jen's Birthday! Happy Birthday, Jen!!

On Sunday, we all woke up early and started on dinner! That's right! Dinner. Well, dinner cooked in the Crock Pot all day...and it needed 10 hours to cook...so we had to get started bright and early. Mom decided to make Chicken Taco Chili. Let me tell you...our house smelled amazing all day long! For dessert, she decided to make a Banana Cream Pie (all from a "healthy" recipe website since Mom and Dad are back on the Weight Watchers train). I totally helped Mom lick the spoon, and it was GOOD! Later in the afternoon...we decided to get out of the house for a bit and journey on down to the mall.
Chillin watching Dad look at shoes:



The abuse my Daddy takes!!!



People watching from up high:


Mom decided that she needed to finally have her wrist watch battery replaced, as she had been wearing her watch with a dead batter for over 3 months!! After the mall, we did some grocery shopping for fresh fruit and veggies. YUM.
THEN...
We came home to this!

It sure was tasty.
The Banana Cream Pie turned out excellent as well:

I of course decided to just eat applesauce (again), as I'm on a HUGE applesauce kick. Mom and Dad offer me all sorts of food...and I choose...APPLESAUCE. Mom captured some video of me enjoying the last bits of my dinner. I tend to be a very vocal eater, as I "hum" showing my pleasure in whatever it is that I'm eating. I also tend to stuff WAY more in my mouth than I can possibly chew and swallow. It usually ends up getting spit out once it is nice and mushy and unrecognizable (as it did in this case...just off-camera). Dad even tried to tell me to "savor it." HA! Mom and Dad find me quite the dinner entertainment:


Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment