After waking from my nap, we drove over to Panera and met Grandma and Grandpa for dinner. Mom took a couple bites of her apple, and let me nibble off of it and suck out the apple juice:
Pretty Tasty!
On Saturday we woke up and did our "normal" Saturday morning routine...which includes coffee for Mom, and a little iPad browsing for Dad as they watch me eat my breakfast and run around playing with my toys and teasing Molly and Moses.
Oh, and Cheerios! Lot's of Cheerios!
Making faces for Mom's camera:
After breakfast, we decided to get ready, and head downtown for a "test play group" where I got to play with all sorts of cool toys. My favorite set of toys were wooden fruits and vegetables that I could cut open with a wooden knife. Maybe I have a future as a personal chef? After the playgroup, we walked on down to the St. Patty's Day Parade. It was super cool, and I loved looking at all the neat things that went by. Let's see...dancing gorillas, bagpipers, fire trucks, all sorts of fast cars, basset hounds, and the list goes on. & it was such a perfect day for a parade!
Mom captured some video at the very start of the parade. She LOVES the bagpipe, and in her 2nd life...she swears she will be a bagpipe player.
I also loved watching the BIG fire truck go by. Way Cool! OH, and we received enough free Wendy's Frosty coupons and free Chick-Fil-A coupons at the parade that we are set for at least 10 years.
On Saturday afternoon we went to Lowe's to get some yard equipment. Rakes and shovels and a sprinkler to water the lawn. We are preparing for a Spring and Summer spent outside as we have a lot of work to do. Dad even bought me my own rake and shovel so that I can be put to work. We just hung around the house Saturday night, and took it easy.
Sunday was a VERY busy day! We woke up and met our friends Talitha, Kevin, and baby Ellie for breakfast. Baby Ellie is almost 6 months now and is all smiles. After breakfast they came over to get the tour of the new house. After our friends left, we took Molly and Moses to get their nails trimmed. They were over-due! Oh, and I did the cutest thing you guys: Mom and Dad were talking to a lady for quite some time about dog food. Once the conversation came to an end, Dad stuck out his hand and introduced himself to the nice lady who had spent so much time explaining everything and thanked her. You know what I did? I walked over to her and stuck out my hand so that she could shake hands with me also! Everyone was totally blown away by mature social skills. I may end up a social butterfly like Mom after all!! We ran quite a few errands on Sunday and knocked quite a few things off our To-Do list. I had lunch when we returned home...one of my favorite sandwiches...a PBJ. Yesterday...I wasn't that interested in the bread. I just wanted the GOOD stuff! Mom captured video of me digging out the peanut butter and jelly:
Too funny, eh?
We had a great end to our weekend...nice and relaxing after all the work was done. Today we were all a little sleepy due to Daylight Savings as we lost an hour Saturday night, but didn't really feel it until this morning. BUT, we are all looking forward to the extra daylight in the evenings as it means Spring is right around the corner...and we can start enjoying dinner on the patio and more evening walks around the new neighborhood. Woo Hoo! Hope everyone has a great week. St. Patty's Day is Thursday...guess I better find something GREEN to wear so I don't get pinched. Oh, and Auntie Amber turns 30 on Wednesday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment