Hey, All (cough, cough). Well, I was doing good...until Monday afternoon came around. Mom and Dad had just left work to come and pick me up when they received a phone call from the director at my Daycare. She explained that I woke up from my nap coughing up a storm, and was running a 101.5 degree fever. When Mom and Dad walked in and saw me sleeping on Ms. Erin's chest...they knew that I wasn't doing so well. I spent all of Monday evening and ALL of Monday night coughing my head off and running a fever. Mom and Dad felt helpless...and I felt like poop. It was amazing how hard and how fast this all hit me. Monday morning I was my normal, cheery self...and come Monday afternoon I was as sick as a dog. Mom stayed home with me yesterday so that we could go and see Dr. Reich. Dr. Reich checked me out and looked me over, and stuck a stick looking thing WAY back in my nose and looked in my ears. She then explained to Mom and I that I had tested positive for RSV. She also noticed that I had quite a bit of fluid building behind both ears, and explained she thought I had a double ear infection brewing. I guess it is no wonder I was feeling so crummy. Unfortunately, RSV is a virus...and there isn't much anyone can do about it. I did get permission to take a cough suppressant...and that has helped TREMENDOULSY. We were all able to get a little more sleep last night. I'm still running a fever today, and feeling rather worn down...but Mom and Dad have put together a plan so that I can stay home and recuperate for the rest of this week.
Here I am sleeping on Mom yesterday afternoon. I haven't done this since I was a wee little baby:

Not feeling good at all:

In other news...we celebrated Dad's 36th Birthday yesterday!! He had to work all day, but some of his co-workers were really nice and took him to a great Mexican restaurant for lunch, and our friend Ginger made his day special by bringing Dad donuts and a balloon! Yesterday evening, Grandma and Grandpa brought over BBQ for dinner (another of Dad's favorites), and they enjoyed some ice cream cake without me. I was in bed at 7:00, so I missed out on all of the Birthday festivities.
Dad's YUMMY Birthday cake from Cold Stones (chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate):

Happy Birthday to a wonderful Daddy!:

Mom and Dad on Dad's 36th Birthday:

Hope everyone is having a great week, as I'm hoping to start to feeling better real soon. This RSV stuff is NO FUN.
No comments:
Post a Comment