Saturday, May 8, 2010

Swimming on a Saturday

Oh yeah. It is official. I'm a fish. I love the water! I had my first "swimming lesson" today at the YMCA. It was a good time had by all. Mom was a *little* worried that I wouldn't be a happy baby the entire lesson since I had been up since 5:00 AM, and refused to nap or eat before the lesson started. BUT, I did great! Dad also came along to help out, and captured a few pictures:

The pool was so nice and warm. No complaints.

This is Mom and I after we did a CANON BALL entrance into the pool!


Just kidding. No canon balls quite yet. Maybe in a few years.
I figured out how to splash! Mom and I both got it in the face:

Our class listening to the teacher:

My two buddies are also in my class, Gavin and Daniel. It was great to see them, and Mom was happy to see their Mama's (Larissa and Ginger). Gavin and I go to daycare together, and Ginger and Mom play hockey and work together. Daniel turned 11 months old today:


We learned how to splash, and kick...and we are also learning "key words" that will help with water saftey over the years. The teacher taught us how to reach for the side of the pool in case we ever find ourselves in trouble in the water. It will take a lot of exposure and practice over the years, but water saftey is very important.

I can't wait for next week.
After swim lessons, we went to SUPER TARGET to grocery shop. Mom got her Starbucks, and I took a nap. We have just been hanging out today, taking her easy.

Mom is looking forward to Mother's Day tomorrow. She is going to 1). Sleep in past 6:00 AM. 2). Eat breakfast with her favorite boys (Dad and I). 3). So see the documentary BABIES with Grandma while Dad and I hang out with Grandpa. It will be a great day for her. We hope that Nannie and Mumsie have a wonderful Mother's Day, and we hope you received your gifts in the mail. All my love to all the great Mother's, Grandma's, and soon-to-be Mom's out there!! You guys are awesome! Enjoy your day tomorrow. Love, J.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment