Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Update Time

Wow. Is it really...TUESDAY already?

Turns out we had a GREAT weekend. We decided to get adventurous and journey on up to what Dad likes to call "Little D," aka Denver on Saturday. Mom and Dad stopped at Dickey's BBQ for a little BBQ (that they had been saving up for ALL week...calorie-wise, anyway). Then, we went to Park Meadows Mall on the south part of Denver. We had a great time looking at all the different stores and cruising around. I picked out a little toy from Pottery Barn Kids. Mom told me that she isn't going to allow me to do that forever! I can get away with it now...since I'm only 6 months old and all, so I figure I better take full advantage.

On Sunday we went and dug all of Mom's ice hockey stuff out of storage and dug out a pair of swim trunks that I will be using in about a month (yep...Mom signed us up for SWIMMING LESSONS today). Mom put her old ice hockey equipment to good use on Sunday night while Dad and I had some male bonding time together. It was nice!
(I think that weekend re-caps are suppose to come right after the weekend has ended. You know what they say...better late than never, right?).

Oh...and now for a sleep update: Get this. I have slept the past 2 nights from about 8:30 PM to 5:00 AM STRAIGHT. No eating. NO need to comfort me. No rocking. No blankie. No Mom and/or Dad getting out of bed to check on me. No NOTHING. Could I be on to something? Maybe 6 months is the magic age? Let's not get too excited. Pull back on those horses! I go through phases, people! PHASES. But for now, my folks are lovin it!

Oh...and now for a food update: I tried a carrot puree last night during dinner. I ate a few bites. Then, I decided I needed a nap and was just to darn tired to put any more effort into eating. So, over the past 3 weeks I now have bananas, sweet potatoes, apple sauce, peaches, and carrots under my belt. I like them...ALL. No gagging-faces or food spit across the room. Hey! I might take after my Mom after all (she will eat just about ANYTHING). But, probably too early to tell. I still have plenty of years ahead of me to decide what I do and do not like.

I leave you with this picture of me napping on my Pa!

The Black and White effect makes it look a little more DRAMATIC, don't you think? (-:

1 comment: