Monday, March 27, 2017

Winter Start to Spring Break

We had a fairly busy week, and weekend. Winter decided to return on Friday, so even though I had planned on keeping both kids home with me regardless--the daycare ended up closing due to the mini blizzard that came through early Friday morning.  By noon--the sun was out and the roads were just wet.

We had our conference for JR with his teacher Wednesday evening.  He is doing great--and couldn't be more proud.

What do you do on a snow day when your mom leaves you with a huge bag of chocolate chips?  I guess you make cookies!


And later we decided to get out of the house for a bit. First stop--a newer coffee shop on Academy I have been wanting to try out.   Mmmmmm....

And the kids were happy they had Dippin Dots!



After coffee we went to a place called Paint and Fire.  The kids each picked out an art piece they wanted to paint.  We have to wait a week for them to get baked, and then we will pick up their masterpieces this weekend.  Of course JR picks out a huge T-Rex!
Pondering colors...



Alex picked out a frog that ended up being about 18 different colors.  (-:


They had a blast.  We can't wait to see what they look like after they visit the oven.

Painting is a lot of work.

Friday night I met some friends who were in town visiting.   On Saturday, we did a bunch of running around, and I managed to snap an *almost* 35 week picture!  Still feeling great and really have no major complaints.  I am looking forward to being able to climb stairs without feeling so winded.  But, having said that--I'm still going to the gym 3x a week and doing the stair climber that gains me at least 60 floors.  Feels good to feel good!

I was given free tickets to Disney on Ice a few weeks back, so that is what we did on Saturday afternoon.  We weren't planning on attending this year, but when the free tickets popped up we couldn't turn that down.  The entire 2nd half was FROZEN!  We all really enjoyed it.







Olaf!

And since we had a little extra time this morning with it being Spring Break and all...I decided to show off some of my double french braiding skills.  Actually, Jeff saw a little girl that was sitting in front of us at Disney on Ice with Double French Braids and asked, "Can you do THAT?"  You betcha! Ha!

This week we are trying to give the kids some time away from daycare so that they (especially JR) gets some real break time in.  They are hanging with Jameson one day, ME one day, and Jeff and I are both taking Friday off to find something to do with them.  Not much planned for this weekend, but I'm sure we will dig up something.  I need to keep busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment