Monday, April 3, 2017

Spring Break 2017

We had a fairly good week--I think the kids sure did!  We did the best we could to give JR a "real" break so that he could have some time away from both school and daycare.  They only went to daycare two days last week.  On Tuesday they spend the day with Jameson and Ms. Angella and their house, and on Wednesday we had Jameson come hang out with us for most of the day.  They all had a good time entertaining each other.

Jeff and I took Friday off to hang with the kids.  We kicked off the day with breakfast at Egg and I!  Yum.

I had some blood work I had to get done, and then both kids seemed excited about burning out some energy at Sky Zone.  This one decided she changed her mind and refused to jump and go play.  Sigh.

We ran a few more errands and made a stop at my beloved Chef Sugars for cupcakes and treats!  Mmmmmm.

And on Friday night I got to meet up with some of my local surrogate friends for another painting session.  Our paintings weren't quite as exciting as what we did a few weeks ago, but it was nice to hang out and get to know these ladies a bit more (without screaming children around).

On Saturday Alex and I met with Larissa and Gwyn for lunch at Noodles, and pedicures!

These girls could get used to this pampering!


I was just about as excited as Alex was considering I can no longer reach my toes!  Ha!

The boys met Gavin and Shawn for lunch and The Batman Lego movie. They also had a great time.

Silly girls!

Ms. Molly resting her head on Baby Jackson (makes a good pillow).

Saturday afternoon we had some decent snow come through.  The thick wet stuff that allows you to make a mini snowman!

And this one decided she likes to read the Bob Books! Getting ready for Kindy!

And here I am on Sunday at exactly 36 weeks!  I don't think I'm sleeping as well as I would like to admit, because I'm waking up TIRED.  I had my appt last Wednesday and the baby weighs about 6 lbs.  They did a non-stress test and baby passed with flying colors, and everything else looked great.  Only 3 weeks (or less) to go!  Although I really hope baby decides to stay put as I would hate for Michelle to miss the birth.

On Sunday we decided to head to Denver to get out of the house for the day.  First stop? IKEA!  The goal was to have the kids play in their play area for an hour while Jeff and I quietly shopped.  Well, there was an hour wait so we just decided to drag them along with us.  They had a BLAST!

And we stopped for lunch in their cafe.

So many cool things at Ikea.  I could spend the entire day there.  So could the kids!


Go to sleep!

And after 2.5 hours at Ikea, Jeff and I decided we needed more torture so we went to Dave and Busters.  JR and Alex had never been, and they were both pretty excited after seeing all the commercials blasted all day long on the Cartoon Network.  
This girl hit a 500 ticket Jackpot right off the bat!


JR blew through his points pretty quickly. Thankfully Alex was willing to share and we managed to milk things for about 2 hours of entertainment.



After our playtime, we grabbed a quick bite and the kids opted for these super cool drinks that were loaded with nothing but sugar.  Hey!  You are only a kid once, right?

R has his follow-up appointment this week with the Pediatric Endocrinologist at Children's, and I have another weekly appointment to make sure all is good with Baby Jackson.  We are headed to Keystone for the company trip this weekend, and we are looking forward to getting out of town for a couple days while Nikki hangs with the pups.

No comments:

Post a Comment