Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween Week!

We had a fairly good week, minus me throwing out my back Thursday morning. Boo.  It was a BAD one, too.  Finally today--I'm starting to feel a little better!

On Friday we had Trick or Treating in the halls at work.  Our company photographer captured a couple of pictures of the kids...


And I'm still pounding down McDonald's chicken nuggets like it is the end of the world tomorrow.  It is all that consistently sounds good and edible!  So, needless to say--the kids haven't been sad about it,

This guy sitting in our bosses chair, wearing our bosses glasses

Officer Wright guarding the candy!

JR and creepy Mr. Tommy!

And after Trick or Treating at work, I got to meet the girls for dinner at a little hidden place on the west side of town called 3.14 Sweet and Savory Pie shop. It was delicious! And good to catch up with everyone.  They all had a savory pie along with a sweet pie--I had a pita salad and the Nutella French Silk (bottom right).  I was also a good girl and brought half my slice home to Jeff, who of course wasn't supposed to actually EAT IT..but did.  So I was sad.  LOL  It was SO good.

But don't feel too bad.  On Saturday evening mom and dad came over to hang with the kiddos while Jeff and I had a wonderful dinner (and dessert) at Springs Orleans in downtown.  And it was amazing!  I thought my entree was a tad small--but it turns out it was perfect.  Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to shove all of this down my throat.  Key Lime pie, beignets, and the BEST Cafe au Lait.  So good. And the kids had a great time going to...wait for it...wait for it...McDonald's with Grandma and Grandpa!

Saturday morning wig fun (trying to decide on what JR would wear for crazy hair day).

And me on Sunday morning trying to do some back stretches.  Ouch.

Sunday afternoon Hillbilly pumpkin carving!

See.  I told you.  Hahahha.



Alex was MUCH more interested in getting down and dirty than JR was.

Alex (or Batwoman) doing the final touches....

And we decided to get out of the house and go see Storks at the movies.  It was "okay."  Not sure why my picture didn't turn!

And the end product! Not to bad!  And a total team effort minus JR.  Ha!

Oh! And we got news that Devin and Roy got engaged yesterday! They are shooting for an October 2017 wedding.  We are very happy for them.

Today we are missing the Hope Costume parade, but picking the kids up a bit early so that we can Trick or Treat around the hood.  Halloween during the week just sort of sucks!  I much prefer a Saturday.  Can't believe it is November tomorrow!  We are celebrating Gwyn's Birthday on Saturday, and Mom and Dad's Anniversary and Mom's birthday on Saturday night at Mona Lisa.  Ready for all the craziness November brings with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment