Tuesday, October 11, 2016

JR Turns 7!

Last week was BUSY BUSY! Jeff hasn't been feeling well, in fact he is going to visit the doctor today to see if he has a possible sinus infection. And of course I came down with another cold last week that I thought was on its way out the door, but instead was secretly settling into my chest. Boo!  I also stopped my meds last week, and started feeling "blah" again to where nothing sounds good to eat--but I have to eat frequently to keep from feeling crappy.  Come on 2nd trimester!  Hopefully only a few more weeks to go.

We drug the kids with us to the HOA meeting on Monday evening. Tuesday evening was my board interview (that went really well--myself and the other candidate were asked questions back and forth at the same time--which was interesting). Wednesday was just busy per usual, and Thursday was the Town Hall meeting that started at 5:30, followed by the board meeting that didn't end until 10 pm! It was a looong night. But worth it! The board decided to keep BOTH myself and the other candidate. I'm going to get the community seat, and next year when my buddy Norm leaves--we can flip flop (that is if I decide I want to stay on). Got my official head-shot picture taken!

And came home to these beautiful flowers that the kids and Jeff went and picked up earlier that night.  I'm excited to have been elected!  It has already proven to be very educational and interesting.  I'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings!

And on Friday...THIS little guy celebrated his 7th birthday! He had a fantastic day that started off with a birthday present, and donuts!



I worked from home all morning so that I could pick up Alex and take her to the school with lunch and surprise JR.  He had NO idea we were coming. I even had Jeff pack a fake lunch  for him.


His favorite McDonald's chicken nuggets!  He was a super happy dude.



Love these two little munhchies.

JR decided he wanted to do Chuckee Cheese for dinner. Since ItZ closed a few months ago--our choices were limited!  Alex discovered that Chuckee walks around in costume every hour or so, and since she is still NOT a fan of mascots, she decided she was never going back there again!  So.  Grandma and Grandpa surprised JR! He was very happy to see them.

Tickets!



They had a good time, and JR told me he had a great birthday.

On Saturday afternoon we had our big birthday celebration at Trampoline World! It was so nice to get to see and visit with everyone.

Auntie Amber and Baby Lucy.

Best Buds Gavin and JR

Alex and her good buddy, Cooper.

Cooper's hand!  LOL

Alex and another great buddy, Gwyn!

Cute little Laiken

JR's Pokemon cake that Jeff and I planned for quite some time!  JR said he "wanted to be surprised," so we did just that.  We bought all the little Pokemon toppers from Ebay and he truly was surprised!

These wild ones waiting for cake!

Grandma and Baby Lucy.

Happy Birthday buddy!






Ms. Nikki never misses a party. We love her oh so much.

Gayleen, Christopher, and Cathy (Connor was grounded--so he didn't make the party).

Keegan and Kinley!

Riley and Alex

Sweet Rebbecca!  She did not want to smile for me.  Tough crowd!

We decided to let the kid tear into his presents.  I really have no idea who gave what...but he made out like a bandit!


Cool Pikachu sweatshirt from the Razo family!

LOVES it.



JR and his old buddy Girl Riylee.

They are just so cute.
'
The Deppermann Family!

Well okay...now they are complete.

It was a successful party and everyone had a great time.  3 more months and somebody I know...turns 5!

We spent Sunday running errands and getting things done around the house.  The daycare was closed on Monday, so I got to work and hang out with this bunch.


We decided to head to Little Monkey Bizness around 9.  Alex played and did crafts and made friends until 2:30!  And I got a lot of work done.  It was a successful day!


And Jameson and Sam even came to play for a bit (D49 is on Fall break, but the charter school is only closed for 3 days).

So we picked up JR from the carpool line, and decided to take him for a DQ treat.

And I got this 1st grade school picture back--so we decided we had to order a few.  Just so handsome and grown up!

This week isn't nearly as busy as last week--thank goodness.  The kids are getting their flu shots on Friday--both of them are fully aware and haven't freaked out--yet.  Jeff leaves for Dallas on Saturday to get some quality time in with his dad.  The kids and I are going to Gavin's birthday party, and on Sunday a trip to the zoo if the weather stays nice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment