Monday, October 17, 2016

Weekly Happenings

We had a fairly decent week. JR has a small Fall break that allowed him Thursday and Friday off of last week, and today off--so that was nice.  No homework all last week! Alex got to go to the Pumpkin Patch on Thursday, and JR got to go today!  The weather has been really nice also.   JR had his 7 year-old well check up on Friday.  More on that below...

We had JR's conferences on Wednesday night and those went really well.  He is friendly, well-liked among his peers, helpful and polite.  Couldn't ask for more.  He is also doing well in all his classes, and recently got moved to the accelerated reading group.   He is doing well in that group, but needs some more writing practice so we will be working on that.

No personal space--I tell ya!
P
So here we are!  7 years old.  I would like to say all good news, but...JR didn't grow at all this past year.  So the doc is concerned and has ordered a bone growth X-ray for him.  I was wondering why I was still purchasing 5T jeans just recently.  So, we will take him in for that and see where we go from there.

Happy as can be getting checked out.

And since they decided to drop the flu mist this year--both kids had to get the flu shot.  This is Alex pre-shot.  My plan actually ended up being sort of a major fail.  The plan was for me to get my shot first, and be all "jazz hands" and the kids would then continue to not freak out and we would be done with little to no drama.  That didn't happen.  I got mine.  Alex freaked out.  So, the nurse decided she was next.  Alex gets hers--she freaks out even more--causing JR to freak out.  And when JR freaks out, apparently he runs out the door.  We can laugh about it now--but it wasn't very funny while it was all going down.  Jeff and I had to walk through a very full waiting room and drag his little ass back into the exam room to get his injection.  Good times.

So other than the no growth drama, and the flu shot drama--everything else was great.

Jeff left bring and early Saturday morning for Dallas, so the kids and I were on our own all weekend.  It was slightly exhausting, but we all survived.   Saturday afternoon was Gavin's 7th Birthday party at Aerials.  I of course forgot his present, so spent 40 minutes going back to the house to retrieve it.

The 3-person swing is a huge hit!

The kids had a blast though--and Larissa caught some cool pics while I was gone.  I should have just stayed home and took a nap.



Goof ball.

Happy Birthday Gavin!



Sweet boys.

And as if cake wasn't enough sugar, we decided to swing by the park on the way home since the weather was just perfect outside. Somehow, I got talked into buying a shaved ice.  At least we all split it!

On Sunday we met Andrea, Cooper, and Laiken for bagels and then were off to the zoo.  Another perfect October day!






We got to see a really cool demonstration with Emmett and Digger, the two male 11-year old grizzly bears.  I didn't capture any pictures as I was holding Alex, but it was great!

Our friends left us around noon, and we continued to stay for the entire rest of the day.  The weather was perfect and the kids were happy--so why not?   We managed to stay from 9am to 4:30 pm. It was awesome!

When turtle and peacocks collide!

We enjoyed seeing this mama and baby all around the zoo.


This is what I'm talking about! Ha!

And of course I decided to push things by making a grocery store stop on the way home. Everyone was tired and the store was packed and we were done and it was too late.  Lesson learned.

Jeff comes back late tonight, and the kids have been asking about him all weekend.   I have still been feeling sort of "blah."  The afternoons and evenings are definitely worse than the mornings when I actually feel pretty good.  This Wednesday I'm having the NT scan done to see if there are any markers for anything, and after that is my monthly OB appointment.  Maybe I will get to meet my new doctor this time!

This weekend is going to be busy.  Another Birthday party, Trunk or Treat where we are decorating our trunk again, and the pumpkin patch with friends on Sunday.  Should be fun and festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment