I got this super cute watercolor picture back that I ordered a few weeks ago. I'm going to frame it and put it in the kids playroom. I forgot to tell the lady that Devin doesn't have long hair and Jeff has a beard and I have about 25 more pounds on me. It still turned out pretty cute! Ha.
On Friday night we celebrated Cortland's 9th Birthday. He was born the same year Jeff and I were married--so Cortland always reminds me of what Anniversary we will be celebrating over the summer. We had a fun little party at ITZ
He had a very cool Nascar cake!
Happy Birthday Cortland!
And of course his daddy accidentally picked up trick birthday candles. It was pretty funny watching all the kids try and blow them out, and the entire cake almost go up in flames!
Alex rode the race cars probably 25 times. I could not get her off of them! We ended up staying until 9:30, and of course...the meltdowns shortly followed.
Saturday morning playdoh session with Mom while Dad sleeps:
Alex was committed and probably spent 2.5 hours playing with this set.
Barber Shop!
Everyone took some nice afternoon naps, and then the kids and I headed to the park for some fun with the Triple J group. The weather was super nice earlier in the day--but it clouded up and got pretty chilly come 4 pm. We still managed to have a great time.
Snack break with Gwyn and Cooper:
All the kids minus Alex and Gwyn.
This little cutie gets braver and braver all the time.
After the park, we went to Pizza Time with the kids, Larissa and Andrea.
Sunday morning I joined the girls for a tour of Villa Sport, and a kick-butt spinning class. I think we are going to join! It was soo nice, and it sure would be great to have a pool to hang out at during the summer. Not to mention they have a really cool kids club that JR and Alex could have a lot of fun at on the weekends instead of sitting around starting at the TV.
Larissa and I went to a fun "coffee cupping class" at Cafe Velo. We got to learn a lot about coffee. Now I have a new appreciation and respect for coffee.
Brewing and "breaking" the different coffees we got to sample.
Mmmmm...perfection!
After coffee class, we took the kids to Toys R Us to spend some of their Birthday and Christmas money. Alex was dead-set on a Peppa Pig trailer, and JR knew he wanted Pokemon cards. There was no talking either one of them out of what they knew they wanted.
Jeff brought me home these lovely pink tulips. They are just perfect!
We had a great week. This week is Dr. Seuss week at school. Alex gets to dress up all week long and do fun activities, and JR gets to dress up on Wednesday. With the new gym membership, I hope to get the kids in a few times this week and hopefully be able to check out the fun kids pool. Sunday we have a play date at Little Monkey Bizness. Busy Busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment