Thursday, August 29, 2013

Quick Update--Rough Week

Hey, All! Sorry I'm running behind this week. Alex woke up with a terrible cough and fever last Friday morning. Although she seemed to be in pretty good spirits all weekend, things were not getting any better and her fever was not going anywhere, so on Monday...Mom took her in to see Dr. Reich. Dr. Reich could not find ANY signs of a secondary infection, but agreed that her cough was awful. She prescribed Prednisone, and because it tasted so AWFUL, Alex refused to have any part of it. Mom and Dad had a heck of a time trying to restrain her and get some medicine down her throat. In fact...they failed...miserably. Alex was so traumatized that she then refused to take any medicine (Tylenol or Motrin) AT ALL from them. So, instead of taking one step forward...they took 5 steps back. BUT!! Yesterday morning Alex woke up for the first time in SIX days with NO fever. She slept better last night than she has in a week, and seems to be really improving. Just in time for Mumsie and Granddaddy to visit this weekend. I won't mention that I'm starting to sound congested and have a little bit of a cough. Hopefully I can fight it off...and at the very least I can be reasoned with and bribed when it comes to taking awful tasting medicine! LOL. Here are a few pictures from the past week.
Mom and Dad got to eat breakfast at one of their NEW favorite places to eat breakfast...King's Chef Diner. They ate this breakfast before spending an entire day working on getting the townhome ready for new tenants (last Friday):

Enjoying some time on our back patio in the evening when it is nice and comfortable:

I'm quite the little gardener!

Shredding Going through the Sunday paper!


We decided to go out for dinner on Sunday night to Red Robin. It had been over a month since our last attempt to go to a sit-down restaurant. It was a big success! (Minus the kitchen running super behind)

Again...Alex was in fantastic spirits.


Monday of this week, sitting and waiting to be seen by Dr. Reich. Have I mentioned that Alex is NOT a fan of going to see the doctor? Good times. NOT. She was feeling pretty crummy on Monday. 3 nights of no sleep and lots of coughing, and it was catching up to her.

We are all trying everything we can to stay healthy these next few months. With Fall and Winter around the corner...we are going to have quite a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment