Monday, August 19, 2013

Rough Week for Mom & Dad

Hi, All. I'm happy to report that after a REALLY rough week, Mom and Dad are both back to 100%. I think I might have mentioned that Alex had some tummy issues last week, and we are pretty sure she passed her virus on to Mom and Dad. Things got REALLY icky last Monday evening. Mom even had to call Grandma and Grandpa, and put them "on call" just in case they were too sick to take care of Alex and I. THANKFULLY, that was not the case...but their intestinal virus lasted ALL week long...so it was pretty miserable. I got sent home early on Wednesday after throwing up in class! Mom was really worried that I was going to go downhill fast, and luckily...I never did. I got to stay home with Mom on Thursday to make sure I was feeling okay, and was back to school on Friday. My appetite has been off, and I occasionally complain about my tummy hurting. If I do have the same virus, I'm weathering it much better than Alex, Mom, or Dad did. We are all looking forward to enjoying the rest of our summer without any illness (hopefully).
A picture of what Mom and Dad's diet consisted of all last week:

At least Alex was back to 100% early last week! Happy girl at school:

Have I mentioned before that she is a MESSY eater? LOL


Thankfully, Mom was feeling well enough to take me to the annual Sky Sox game that her old friend Mr. Rudy hosts every summer. Just like last year, Gavin was able to join me in the fun! We did some tailgating before the game:



Me and my best bud:

Daddy still wasn't feeling well enough to leave the house. We missed him and Alex!




It is so nice to have the baseball stadium right around the corner from our house. Hopefully we can go to another game this season!
Friday night was a rough night for Alex. She had the tantrum of the century. We *think* she is still trying to cut those teeth!

Saturday morning...Alex wearing/eating yogurt in a MUCH better mood after some rest:

Taking a quick snooze with Daddy on the couch:

Saturday afternoon we decided to watch Daddy mow the lawn, and enjoy a cold summer treat:


Not many of these types of warm afternoons left! Fall is right around the corner (YAY).



On Saturday evening, Ms. Lyssa came over to hang with Alex and I. Mom and Dad went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house to spend some time with an old, dear friend. Niecci-Wah is almost 14 years old, and has cancer. He is hanging in there on a day-to-day basis, but we are not sure how much time he will have left. It was good for Mom and Dad to be able to visit with him.





Alex and I had fun playing at the park with Ms. Lyssa's nieces. We got to fly a kite, and play a game of TAG. We were worn out!

On Sunday we filled up the pool and the water table, and enjoyed a little sun time. Molly and Moses like to sit by Alex. They know she gives in quite often:


On Sunday afternoon we ran some errands, and did quite a few chores. Our next few weekends are gonna be busy...so there was a TON that needed to get done. Hope everyone has a great week and stays healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment