Alex and I went to daycare on Friday, and Mom and Dad took the day off to get a few things done. They started off at King's Chef Diner for breakfast...and they report it was excellent. Just a tiny little diner that seats 9 people, maybe? It has been around for a LONG time...but they just now got around to going. This little place is famous and has been featured on The Food Network a couple of times now.
Dad posing in front of the purple castle:
Picture of Mom's MASSIVE breakfast burrito (she could only eat half):
The coffee was EXCELLENT also! Probably a good thing they didn't bring Alex and I along...not sure there would be anywhere for us to sit!
Mom and Dad visited THREE different Home Depots and a Lowes on Friday morning. They decided on some patio furniture they really like, and bought some replacement blinds for our sliding glass door. Oh...and a few items needed for getting the yard in tip-top shape over the next few weeks.
Molly enjoying the new patio furniture:
We pretty much hung around outside all of Saturday morning.
Alex relaxing on Mommy's lap enjoying the warmth from the sun:
Moses also enjoyed the morning outside. It was beautiful:
We planted some grass where we had pulled a dead tree. I LOVE watering the plants and the grass.
I take my job pretty seriously. "I need more hose, Dad!"
The morning in the sun sure did drain Ms. Alex. She could hardly stay awake to eat her lunch.
Sleepy Alex:
Here is some video Mom caught. VERY similar to one she caught of me around the same age:
We got some park time in Saturday afternoon...and just relaxed around the house Saturday night. It was very nice.
On SUNDAY...Dad was getting Alex dressed while I was with Mom in her bedroom. She kept hearing a sound...a sound that resembled wind...or a large truck outside. When Dad came into the bedroom...she mentioned the sound to him and he promptly went over to the window to see what she was possibly hearing. He was SHOCKED to see a hot air balloon that looked like it was about to hit our neighbors house across the street. Dad was literally speechless! He managed to catch a picture after the shock wore off...but we all witnessed what was a very close call. Phew!
After the balloon excitement...we drove up to Santa's Workshop! We met the Loomis Family there for a morning full of rides and fun.
I love to hold Gavin's hand, and say things to him like, "We are best friends! I missed you, Gavin!" Pretty cute.
Alex had a lot of "firsts" this trip. She got to ride the old fashioned cars, she went down the Candy Cane slide with Mom, she rode on the boats, the Lady Bug ride, the fire trucks, the Ferris Wheel, and the Skyride. This is sure to be a fun North Pole season now that she can do so much more than last summer.
Enjoying some crackers in the shade...it was rather warm out!
Daddy and Alex on the Ladybug ride...she did NOT want to get off when the ride was over:
Me crusin on a motorcycle:
Gavin driving the Fire Truck:
The Loomis Clan and The Wright clan cruisin on the boat:
Looks like they could use some fresh, non-rusty water!
Boat-Load of kids!
Mom caught some video of Alex, Gavin and I on the boat ride...before Gwyn joined us:
We ate lunch in the picnic area...and everyone held up really well (minus a little incident on top of the Ferris Wheel where Mom's stomach was VERY unsettled thanks to the Subway she ate for lunch...and Alex decided she wanted OFF as was completely over it while stopped at the very top). Yep. I will let her tell you that story in person (-:
Dad and I on the Skyride:
Larissa and Gavin passing by:
Oh! You guys!! My FIRST membership card! We got 2013 Season Passes so we can go as many times as we wish between now and Christmas Eve. I'm totally legit. Way cool!
Alex and I slept the entire way home. I continued to sleep once we got home...Alex did NOT. Later in the afternoon Grandma and Grandpa came over to visit. Mom and Dad went downtown for a nice dinner, had some ice cream at Josh and John’s, and then popped into the place where they had their wedding reception almost 6 years ago. It was called Tre Luna, but is now a New Orleans themed restaurant called Springs Orleans. The place pretty much looked the same, and brought back some wonderful memories. They hadn't been inside since their wedding night.
Alex and I had fun with Grandma and Grandpa...they bought us Wendy's Kids Meals and we totally chowed down.
We didn't do much Sunday morning. After naps, we decided to go over to Little Monkey Bizness. Due to the Holiday...we had the place to ourselves. It was nice!
Alex had fun playing with crayons and markers...kept her busy for at least 30 minutes!
Playing on the big screen:
We went to Jason's Deli for dinner afterwards. It was a nice way to wrap up the long weekend together. Tomorrow, is the Air Force Graduation...which means Mom and Dad's company is doing a HUGE BBQ. Mom is going to pick me up from school before lunch, and bring me up with her. It is going to be a special treat for me...getting out of school to come and watch the planes fly over and enjoy lunch with Mom and Dad at their work.
Hope everyone has a great week.
No comments:
Post a Comment