Monday, May 13, 2013

Loooong Week & Mother's Day Weekend

Last week? Was a LONG week. For EVERYBODY. Remember me telling you about Alex staying home with Dad last Monday? Well...turns out Dr. Reich was able to get a good look at her right ear after digging out a bunch of wax...and it was INDEED infected. The good news was that we got her on some antibiotics and she is doing MUCH better.
Poor Baby Alex NOT feeling well at all:


Then, on Tuesday...Mom got a phone call from my school and they explained that I was having some tummy issues. So, Mom ended up staying home with me on Wednesday afternoon. I was on a pretty bland diet and that seemed to help out quite a bit. I got to go grocery shopping with Mom, and she let me ride the horse!

"Being sick from school isn't half-bad!"

Turns out we had a pretty good day together (I was not nauseas at all and never did throw up). I had such a good time staying home with Mom...I did NOT want to go back to school on Thursday. So, when Mom received a phone call from my school Thursday morning explaining that I was pretty teary-eyed and was complaining of not feeling well, Mom was suspicious. After the SECOND phone call from my school, she decided to come and get me. It was pretty clear upon her arrival that I was not ill. She did end up taking me home, for about 20 minutes before deciding I needed to go back to school as she needed to go back to work. I did great the rest of the afternoon at school. We won't be playing that game again! BUT...I did manage to pick-up the nasty cough that Alex had earlier in the week. So that has also been super fun (not).

Alex transitioned to the Toddler Room all last week! She is now with Gwyn and her buddy, John. Ms. Eva is going to be her teacher for the next 8-10 months (same teacher that I had), and we all know she is in great hands. She did pretty good napping on a cot last Thursday and Friday, and she absolutely LOVES being able to go outside for recess twice a day! Ms. Eva told Mom that she had never seen a little girl so happy to be outside...like a little bird let out of its cage for the first time! Very cute. Alex will start learning how to drink from a cup, and we just know her vocabulary is going to start to take off now that she is with other kids that are closer to two. Very exciting.

Since it was Mother’s Day Weekend (and Mom had a pretty stressful week), Dad and I picked up this beautiful orchid Friday afternoon:

Mom, Alex and I had "Mother's Day Pictures" on Saturday morning. Dad came along to help, but this was a special photo session with just Mom and us kids. Alex and I decided that we didn't really want to cooperate or participate much. I went "rogue" and Alex did NOT want to be constrained. Mom will be very pleased if the photographer managed to capture TWO decent pictures. After pictures, we stopped at the nearby park for a bit.
Alex snacking on crackers at the park:

Dad and Alex checking out the beautiful creek.

On Saturday afternoon...everyone was feeling quite a bit better. We had a "dance party" in the living room and Mom captured a small snippet of all the fun we were having (Molly was the judge):

Dancing with the Stars potential? I think so.
Mom went out for a nice sushi dinner with Ms. Larissa on Saturday night while Dad and Mr. Shawn hung out with us kids. The Mom's deserved a night out...and they had a great time.
On Sunday morning (Mother's Day), we spent some time outside...it was BEAUTIFUL. I made friends with a Lady Bug. Mom asked me what I wanted to name him/her, and I said "Chip the Hammer." So, my Lady Bug pal was named "Chip the Hammer." Who knows where I come up with this stuff!

Later in the afternoon, Mom went and had a pedicure with Ms. Larissa and her mama. It was very nice and her toenails look awesome! Here is a picture of Alex admiring her toes:

Grandma and Grandpa came over for Papa Murphy's Pizza and Ice Cream Cake! Grandma got a special piece of art work from yours truly, and some pretty flowers. It was nice visiting with them. Too bad Mom didn't get any pictures. It was 2 years ago today that Mom and Dad told Grandma and Grandpa that they were expecting Alexandrea! Time sure does fly.

Not much planned for this week...we are all hoping it is much less stressful than last. It looks like Spring might actually be here now, so we will plan for some after-dinner bike-rides to the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment