Mom went consignment sale shopping last week also. She found Alex a stroller for her baby, and I had a great time playing with it as well!
I'm going to make an excellent Daddy in like...25 + years:
Daddy had Alex crackin up during breakfast on Saturday morning.
We got outside for a little bit after naptime when the weather was still decent. The neighbor girl (Leah) had a blast driving me up and down the sidewalk:
Too cute!
& Mom totally scored a bike trailer from our neighbor, too! They are getting ready to move to Hawaii, so they were looking to clear everything out of their garage. Course we will take the trailer! We have the bikes...this was all that as missing so that Mom and Dad could "drag" us along!
Here is some video:
We were expecting the arrival of Nanny and Adie at anytime. Turns out they were standing on our front porch wondering where we went! Well...we were on a bike ride! LOL
Alex warming up to Nanny and showing off her toys:
We all got hungry...so we decided to visit Dad's favorite neighborhood burger joint...Freddy's. Nanny and Adie had never been...and they enjoyed it.
Eating my "Worms and Dirt" ice cream treat:
Nanny and Adie:
Later that evening...I talked Nanny into reading me at least 8 books. Total sucker!!! (-:
Adie holding Alex---Alex still not 100% sure about our visitors:
On Sunday morning--we decided to take Nanny and Adie to the zoo.
On our way...Mom was sitting in the 3rd row...in the waaaay back of the Pilot:
Alex smiling at Nanny, courtesy of the 3rd row seating view:
Adie enjoyed taking pictures and seeing all the super cool animals:
I had a few..."moments" when I was clearly not enjoying having pictures taken and enjoying all the super cool animals (see pic directly below). LOL. Hey! They skipped my nap...can you blame me?
A Speckled Bear just chillin:
Oh! & Saturday was my official HALF-Birthday. 3.5 years old! Mom told me it was my Half-Birthday and OF COURSE I asked if there would be Birthday Cake involved.
Alex playing on the giant ant:
Nanny and I checking out the Tiger's:
Oh YEAH:
After 3+ hours at the zoo...Alex and I CONKED out before we could even leave the parking lot. Mom totally called it, too.
See? CONKED? (Nanny helped Mom capture this picture from directly behind me. Can you see Mom? Ha!):
Oh, and get this! After we arrived home...I fell BACK asleep on the couch for another hour. Alex went right back to sleep in her crib. We both had to be woken up in fear we would not go to bed.
We ended our Sunday evening with Chili and Cinnamon Rolls. Mom and Dad had a good time visiting with Nanny and Adie after us kids were in bed (finally). It was a great day.
On Monday, Mom and Dad decided to take the day off of work to spend a little time with our guests sans children. So, Alex and I went to daycare...while everyone else drove up to Manitou Springs for some window shopping and lunch.
El Carbon Tacos at The Loop. So awesome:
Mom talked Dad into posing on the same bike statue that he posted on in early Fall of 2010.
Yesterday:
Fall of 2010:
He did pretty good, huh?
Nanny and Adie left for home Monday afternoon. A Blizzard Warning was issued for Tuesday morning all along I-25 here in Colorado, so they decided to leave a bit early in hopes of missing the nasty weather. Turns out they left in plenty of time to avoid all of it, and made it home safe and sound this morning.
Not much planned for the week! Hope everyone has a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment