Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Weekend


We had a wonderful week. Friday was our "Spring" celebration at school. Mom and Dad didn't get to attend, but Jameson's Mom was able to snap a picture of my friends and I eating our "special project" snack:

We sung a few songs for the parents, and did a small Easter Egg hunt.
I also learned "The Pledge of Allegiance" and practiced it for Mom and Dad on Friday afternoon. I sort of...forget how the middle part goes...but that is okay!

On Saturday afternoon, Mom and I went to James' house for an Easter Egg Hunt. We picked up Ms. Larissa and Gavin, and joined some of our friends from school. The Mom's had a good time munching on yummy snacks and visiting, and I had a great time playing with all my friends.
Lined up before the hunt:

We sort of look like we are getting ready for Trick-Or-Treating, don't we?
Left to Right: Gavin (3.5), Alexa (4), J.R. (3.5), Jameson (4), James (4), Danika (5):

Action shots!





Everyone had an EGG-CELENT Haul.

Goof-Ball!

Checking out the goods:



Gavin!


It was a super fun afternoon. On Saturday evening, Grandma and Grandpa came over so that Mom and Dad could have a dinner out! They went to Hacienda, and said the food, service, and drinks were all wonderful. They will definitely be back. Sopaipillas for dessert with vanilla ice cream, and warm strawberry sauce and honey for dipping. Mmmmmmm:

After Alex and I went to bed Saturday night, the EB did a hop-by and left a few goodies behind:

Funny...when I was coming down the stairs Sunday morning, I noticed Easter Bunny paw prints on the stairs! I just *knew* that he/she had come to visit Alex and I.
Here is some video that Mom captured while we were going through our baskets (Molly included):

I am well stocked on Band-Aids and candy! I also got a Transformers and TWO games! Candy Land and Chutes and Ladders (you can hear Daddy talking about Chutes and Ladders in the video above---LOL).


Alex got some cool wooden toys, a neat ball, and some fun blocks:


She was very pleased.






We didn't actually get a chance to color our eggs until Easter morning! Time just sort of got away from us. Better late, than never...right?

Alex kept wanting to lick the eggs. Yuck!


Decorating eggs with a 14-month old can be challenging:


Heck...it can be challenging with a 3.5 year old, too!





Alex trying to DRINK...yes drink the vinegar-based dye! Ewe.

Pretty eggs! Turns out Mom didn't boil them long enough. She went to enjoy one for a morning snack and it was oozie in the middle. Double ewe.

Mom, Dad and I snuck in a couple games of Candy Land while Baby-Zilla (Alex) was napping. I totally picked up on it right away...understood the rules, and won 2 Times in a row! Lucky Duck.

Dad got Alex giggling pretty hard when he was getting her dressed for the day:

(-:
While I was napping, Alex and Mom & Dad enjoyed some quiet time outside. It was BEAUTIFUL outside. Just perfect.

Notice Dad relaxing in the warm sun between Alex and Mom? Hahahah:

After I woke from my nap, we decided to all go down and visit the ducks at the nearby pound. I don't know HOW we have lived in our house over 2 years now...and NEVER gone to feed the ducks!
On our way...

Under the bridge (I have my hands full of bread for the ducks):

Too bad the ducks don't come when called (video below):

We found another area where they could access the bread, and I could get a closer look:


Alex watched from Mommy's arms while snacking on crackers:

Who said you have to buy a double stroller for TWO kids?

After our trip to feed the ducks, we made a trip to Boston Market to pick up dinner! Two Family Meals and we had enough food to feed an army! Well, at least our family and Grandma and Grandpa!
Grandpa and I playing football in the backyard:


Easter dinner!

After dinner, Alex was pretty exhausted--so she was quick to call it a night and go to bed. Dad went outside and hid all the eggs that the Easter Bunny left that were filled with M&M's and Jelly Beans. I had fun finding more eggs in the backyard, and had become quite a pro with all my practice:

Mom, Dad, Grandma and Grandpa selfie!

Huge Easter Egg Hunt Haul #2!


All in all...we had a fantastic weekend. I was in great spirits, Alex had a good time...the weather was beautiful...and we couldn't have asked for more. Hope everyone had a fantastic Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment