Alex and I went to daycare on Friday (I spent my ENTIRE first day in Preschool...and did EXCELLENT), and Mom and Dad took the day off to enjoy a little time together and do some shopping. I made out like a bandit! New shirts (all on sale for $1.99 at Children's Place), new shoes, and new jeans. Alex scored a couple of outfits for NEXT summer that were on sale. Mom also bought some new shoes and jeans that she had been putting off for a LONG time.
On Saturday, Mom and I met Daniel and GG for a little swim at the YMCA in Monument. I sure could use some swimming lessons as I swallowed my share of water whenever I went under. BUT, I didn't show any fear of the water and had a really fun time. We spent a little time enjoying the wonderful weather on Saturday afternoon, and Grandma and Grandpa joined us for steak kabobs on the grill. Yum!
Alex enjoying the outdoors:
On Sunday, we hung out around the house and got a few things accomplished (one HUGE pantry organizing project for Mom was completed). The Loomis Family and our new friends...The Freese Family joined us on Sunday evening for some pizza and visiting. The Freese Family have a baby girl named EMMA, and she is just 4 days younger than Alex (she was born January 17th). Baby Emma is in the same class as Alex at daycare. Mom failed to get any pictures as she didn't want to scare our new friends with all the picture-taking. LOL. But don't worry...we have all agreed there will be more get-together's in the near future, and Mom will be sure to capture a few pictures of Baby Emma and Alex.
On Sunday, we were up bright and early and ready for our trip to the Zoo. We met The Loomis Family, and Gavin's Grandma and Grandpa for a morning packed with Zoo animals, a few melt-downs, and plenty of trips to the public restroom.
Alex looking rather sleepy and uninterested in the monkey's:
Nap Time!
I can't remember what I'm pointing at exactly here...but I sure do look handsome!
Dad and I checking out the Alligator's:
Gavin and I posing briefly for a picture:
Having a fun time running around in the sprinklers:
Mom actually caught some video of me having fun playing in the water (she has some very similar video of me doing the SAME EXACT thing LAST summer).
Soaked!
Riding the giant ANT.
Such a goof-ball!
So animated (just like my Mom:
My buddy, Gavin!
We ate lunch at the zoo, and when we got home we all took a nice afternoon nap. Ahhhhh. We enjoyed a great dinner(Alex is now sitting at the table with us for almost all meals), and relaxed the rest of the evening.
Mom also caught some video of Alex and "Walter The Farting Dog." This is actually a toy I received for my very first Christmas, but for some reason...I have never really been a fan of him. Well, Mom decided to show Walter to Alex...and she LOVED HIM right away. She started laughing so hard when Walter, ummmm...."tooted" and was an instant fan. This video shows Alex enjoying Walter much more than I ever did. Too funny.
And a random pretty picture of some Pink-Tipped clouds Mom captured Monday evening:
Hope everyone had a great weekend, and has a wonderful week.
No comments:
Post a Comment