8 months old with Ms. Diwane:

Some of Alex's FAVOIRTE things right now are:
*Cheerios
*A green shovel and Walter the Farting Dog are her favorite toys
*ME! (she squeals with delight when I enter the room and LOVES watching me...I crack her up all the time)
*Rolling around naked on Mom and Dad's super soft comforter
*Nursing and cuddling with Mom (she insists on doing this right when we get home every evening from daycare)
*Socks! (she won't keep them on...and loves to chew on them)
*Splashing around in a warm bath
*Her Take-A-Long Swing
Some of Alex's DISLIKES right now are:
*Being set down (she want's to be carried or held a lot right now)
*LOUD NOISES (not a fan at all)
*Having toys taken away from her (don't you dare take away something she is happily playing with)
*Being put in her car seat
*Molly and Moses getting too close...she prefers they keep their distance
On the 13th, Mom captured some pictures of her *right* before bed and right after her bath. Happy Squeaky Clean 8-Month Old Baby!
We had a great end to our week. I did FANTASTIC in my new preschool class, and got to enjoy my FIRST Show-And-Tell Day! Of all my toys to choose from, I picked my Jeff Gordon Racecar. On Saturday we had a nice gentleman come over and talk to us about fixing up our front yard with some landscaping. Mom and Dad are ready to turn the pile of dirt that makes up the majority of our front yard into something nicer...hopefully this fall! On Saturday afternoon after my nap, we decided to take a spur-of-the-moment trip to Santa's Workshop! We got to spend about 1.5 hours walking around the park until it closed. BUT, we did get tickets to come back another day and visit.
Alex watching Dad and I ride the cars:
Look who's behind the wheel!
Checking out the frozen North Pole:
Funny story visiting Santa this time. When Mom and Dad told me to "tell Santa what I want for Christmas" I guess I missed the last part, and just heard "tell Santa what I want." So, I looked up above his head, and there was a cool fire truck. So, I told Santa, "I want the fire truck." Easy-peasy, right? Santa was so impressed that I sat on his lap without being scared and knew EXACTLY what I wanted! Here I am eyeballing the fire truck above Santa:
Still eye-balling the fire truck:
Okay, so Alex wasn't a big fan of Santa:
I'm just happy that I think I'm getting that fire truck:
After we left Santa's house, I was *a little* confused as to why I was leaving without that fire truck! "Where is my fire truck?" Mom and Dad had to explain to me that it might come sometime in December. Whatever THAT means.
Alex got to ride THE SKYRIDE with us, and of course we rode the train!
Alex and Mommy on the train ride:
We had a great time. After our visit to Santa's Workshop, we stopped on our way back into town for BBQ at Rudy's! We had a great time enjoying our food and the scenery:
Alex had fun sitting in a highchair and munching on Cheerios!
On Sunday, we hung around and did a little bit of this and that. Mom got to meet Auntie Amber for lunch, coffee, AND pedicures. What a treat for her! Here is Alex (again) enjoying a snack (easy time for Mom to snap a bunch of pics):
Outside enjoying some fresh air. Family picture opportunity!
Mom made a pretty rainbow with sidewalk chalk. I decided to stomp on it.
That's about it! Just enjoying the cooler weather...getting adjusted to my new room at school! Mom and Dad have both noticed another jump in my vocabulary and I have been jabbering away all of a sudden. Must be all the older kids I'm hanging around all day. When Mom's beloved Keruig was malfunctioning this morning, I looked at her and held out my hands and said, "WHAT'S UP WITH THAT??" LOL. She cracked up. We are in a pretty sweet spot right now. Everyone is happy and healthy and we are all loving our little family of four. Life is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment