Monday, August 6, 2012

Alex's First Baseball Game, and Other Updates

Hey All! Hope you had a good weekend! I think I may have mentioned to you last week, that we were going to go to my 3rd Sky Sox Baseball Game? Well, we did...and we had a blast! The Loomis Family joined us before the game for some tailgating action. Gavin and I filled up on Doritos and Cookies! Hey...When in Rome, right?

Gavin and I pre-game. Notice my Name Tag reads: Andrea Wright. LOL

Alex and Mommy enjoying themselves:

My Dad...what a great guy...he volunteered to "wear" Alex into the game. She obviously thought it was a GREAT idea!


Gavin and I were both really excited to see such a large baseball. Ha. HAHAHA.

Once we finally found our seats and got situated, Mom spent most of her time entertaining Alex while Dad spent most of his time trying to get me to sit still for more than 20 seconds. I don't *think* they actually got to watch any of the game...nor could they tell you who the Sky Sox were playing that evening...or what color uniforms they had on. (-:

Ms. Larissa and Gwyn enjoying the game...errrr...or just hanging out:


Alex pondering "Who's on First?"

We had a great time and the weather actually ended up holding out for us...no rain, so that was good! Hopefully we will be back next year.

We ended our work-week with a trip to the mall on Friday night. Didn't do too much on Saturday morning...Mom did catch a few pictures of Alex being her typical, HAPPY self!



On Saturday night, we went over to Gavin's house for pizza and some hanging out. Gavin and I managed to drag out every single toy that Gavin has ever owned...the baby girl's ate and played, and the adults sat on the patio and enjoyed some good conversation and beautiful summer evening weather. It was a good time had by all.

We were up bright and early on Sunday morning. Dad threw me in the bath (which I thought was weird), and then we were off to our family photo shoot with Elizabeth Ann Photography. We ended up really liking this photographer...someone we had never used before. She was very professional, and OUTSTANDING with Alex and I. She has a 6 year-old, and a 4 year-old...so she knows how to enteract with children. Mom can't wait to see all the pictures, but for now...you can have this one of Alex to hold you over (the pictures should be done within the next week or two).

Turns out 8:30 AM is a PERFECT time to shoot pictures! Not too hot or sunny. After our photo session, we went out to breakfast at The Omelet Parlor. Ya'll. I got a pancake 3 times the size of my head! It was AMAZING!

Not a huge fan of bacon. That's okay though...I know somebody who is (hint...his name is DADDY).

I thought it would be silly to waste any more time and just DIG IN. Mmmmmmm.

After my nap Sunday afternoon, we decided to go play around at the Elementary School that Mom went to, just a few miles from our home. I had a fun time playing on some of the SAME equipment that was there when Mom was a little girl. We have visited the school before, but it must have been over a year ago.

Rudy Elementary (where Mom went to school starting in Kindergarten all the way to the 6th Grade).

Never in a million years did Mom think she would be swinging on the same swing set she used to play on as a little girl, with her 6 month old daughter! (Alex LOVED the swing, by the way).

Our trip to the park sure did tucker her out!

We had a great family day together...and a fantastic weekend. Everyone was healthy and happy...and that is all we could ask for. Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment