Monday, August 13, 2012

Weekend Update & Alex is 7 Months Old Today!

Hi, All. Alex is 7 months old today! We didn't have time to snap a picture of her this morning (I decided to sleep-in so we were a little bit rushed trying to get out the door this morning), but we will be sure to get one of her today. Alex is such a neat little addition to our family. She isn't quite sitting up on her own yet, but she sure is rolling around ALL over the place like a pro! She has started to clap her hands, and she LOVES it when you do "Pat-A-Cake" with her. She still wakes up anywhere from 1-3 times during the night, and has been sleeping in her own crib for about 2 months now. She is such a smiley and happy baby...we just love watching her grow and learn. Her FAVORITE things are warm bath's, Nursing and cuddling with Mommy, Sophie the Giraffe, chewing on whatever necklace Mom is wearing for the day, and she literally SQUEELS with delight when I enter the room...so I guess I'm one of her favorite things!

Alex at 7 Months!

Smiley girl!


Last Wednesday evening, we joined Grandma and Grandpa for dinner at Gunther Toody's! Grandma is telling Alex all about cheeseburgers and French fries. "All things in moderation, Alex."



On Friday evening we went and grabbed dinner, and then went over to Dick's Sporting Goods and killed some time. We played with their tents, and dreamed talked about a day where we will have to buy one and camp out in the backyard! Mom claims she will sneak inside and crawl in her nice comfy bed while Dad sleeps on the hard ground with all of us kids. On Saturday morning, Mom went to her Jazzercise class while Alex and I hung out with Dad.

Saturday morning (Alex enjoying some time wearing only her diaper):


On Saturday afternoon, our buddy Rob came to hang out with us. Rob is Micki's boyfriend, and Micki is Dad's cousin. Rob is currently working a huge project at Denver International Airport. We really had a great time visiting with him. We took him to Panino's for dinner...figured he would welcome a break from all the chain restaurants and enjoy some local cuisine.

On Sunday I ran a few errands with Dad. Look! It's BATMAN!

On Sunday afternoon, we went down to Ms. Junior and Mr. Jason's house for a Mexican-themed evening of food and fun.

Baby Kay playing with Lightning:

Auntie Amber holding Alex.

Alex was sort of having a rather fussy evening. She didn't nap very well, and was not a fan of all the commotion (toddler's screeching, dog barks, and loud adult conversation). She was NOT in the mood.

At least Daniel and I had a great time! Daniel and I enjoying some tortillas outside (Mom failed to capture any pictures of the AWESOME Mexican Food Spread):

Ms. Junior and Baby Cami snoozin away:

Baby Kay!

Look at those cheeks on Baby Cami!

Daniel and I enjoying our milk boxes:


Auntie K holding Kay and Alex:



We had a great evening and enjoyed seeing everyone. I tell ya...it was hard to get back into the groove this morning. Not much planned for this week. Hoping everyone had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment