Thursday, March 1, 2012

Dad and Cortland's Birthday Weekend and Recent Happenings

Hope everyone is doing well! Guess it has been awhile (again) since the last update. We are busy busy busy with an almost 7 week old baby in the house (gasp). We celebrated Dad's Birthday last Wednesday with cake and pizza! Grandma and Grandpa ended up coming over as we decided it would be easier this way than going out to dinner.
Dad enjoying being sung too.

Dad blowing out his candles:

I enjoyed a piece. It was YUM-O!

Even cleared my milk!

Dad said this was one of the "best Birthday cakes he had ever had." Awwww.

Alex has been FULL of smiles lately. Mom has to be super fast with the camera if she wants to catch them!

On Saturday night, Mom and Dad left Alex and I with Grandma and Grandpa while they met some of their friends at Rocky Mountain Brewery and BZ BBQ (some of Dad's favorite Beer and BBQ). Auntie K and her friend, Trent came!

And so did Ms. Junior and Mr. Jason!

Mom and Dad had a good FIRST night out since Alex was born.

On Sunday evening, Dad stayed home with Alex while Mom and I attended Cortland's 5th Birthday party at Fargo’s Pizza.
Auntie Amber and Cortland (Cortland is taking a picture of Mom while she is taking a picture of him...HA).

I decided to load my face up with pictures:

Singing Happy Birthday to Cortland! I was VERY tempted to want to go after all his cool Birthday presents, but I started to understand it was not my Birthday.

Everyone being silly with mustaches:

Mr. Jason resembles Hitler. LOL.

Mom and I (I refused to try on a mustache as someday I will grow my own).

On Tuesday, Ms. GG and Alex's BFF (Baby Kay) came to visit while I was at daycare. They went through baby clothes and caught up on "baby stuff."

More smiles from Alex!

Happy Baby!

Molly and Moses also enjoy Mom's maternity leave!

Last night we joined Grandma and Grandpa for burgers at Guther Toody's. Dad was the only one that could calm down my overly-tired baby sister.

I got a quarter from Grandpa and used it on the candy machine. Score!

Let's see...what else. Mom and Dad started Weight Watchers on Monday. They are both excited to get back on track with their healthy eating habits and get back down to their "fighting weight" by summer. Mom is really tired of wearing maternity pants, and refuses to wear them for 6 months like she did after having me! Hmmmm...what else...OH!! I stuck a crayon half way up my nose yesterday at daycare. Thankfully, it didn't get stuck...and I was happy to tell everyone ALL about it. Did I tell you that last week I attempted a jail break? Yep. I went right out the door of my room at daycare, and headed straight for the MAIN entrance of the building! I ended up doing some time-out for this little stunt. Good thing the main entrance/exit has a button to open the door that is out of my reach or I would have made the evening news! Alex is smiling more and more everyday...and sleeping pretty good at night. She usually gets up to eat 2-4 times, and then *usually* goes right back to sleep until 7:30-8:00 AM. She has been doing more cat-napping during the day, but Mom seems to manage pretty good anyway. Not much planned for the weekend! Maybe some snow is on its way? We shall see!

Oh, and special shout out to Ms. Jen who is celebrating her Birthday today. Happy Birthday to yooou! I would love to sing to you in person, Ms. Jen. I do an excellent job! She is a big fan of my blog, and we want her to know that we miss her and Mr. Jeremy VERY MUCH and can't wait to take a trip down to Florida to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment