Monday, May 9, 2011

Yard Work and Mother's Day Weekend

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Since the weather was BEAUTIFUL here in Colorado, we spent the majority of the weekend outside. We started bright and early on Saturday morning. Mom sprayed me down with sunscreen and filled by water bottle, and while Mom and Dad cleaned up the yard...I had a great time running around and "helping" where I could. The yard looks SO much better than it did. We made some great progress. Oh, and my new Radio Flyer was delivered on Saturday morning...so in between pulling weeds and cleaning up dead leaves...Mom and Dad took turns pulling me around the yard.

"Ahh. This is THE LIFE."

Molly decided she wanted to ride also!

Dad asking me if I wanted to get out of the wagon. My answer? "NO."

If I had my way...we would be outside all the time. Whenever we have to come inside...I definitely do my share of protesting. After a day in the yard, we all got cleaned up and ready for family pictures. Our photographer and friend came over to the house, and we all took the long drive up to Green Mountain falls together. Shannon entertained me in the backseat the entire way up. Mom thinks the pictures turned out pretty good, except I rarely wanted to look at the camera or smile on command. So, we shall see! After walking around the lake and taking pictures, we went to dinner at The Wines of Colorado. Mom and Dad ordered me my very own Kids Meal: A Grilled Cheese Sandwich. It was YUMMY.


I conked out on the way home after a VERY long day.

Sunday was Mother's Day! So, we got up early and gave Mom her gifts...and went out to breakfast at The Egg and I. Mom received a very pretty purple orchid, some neat coffee cups she had been looking at, the Babies Documentary on DVD, a custom made collage that contained lots of pictures of yours truly, and chocolate!
So pretty:

She loves these colorful coffee mugs:

After breakfast we came home cars in the driveay. I had a blast playing in the water and was SOAKED by the time we were finished. We decided to spend more time cleaning up the yard, and Grandpa came over to help Dad get the sprinklers up and running. Mom and I took a couple trips around the block with my new wagon, and Molly and Moses LOVED soaking up the sun. Later in the afternoon Grandpa came back over with Grandma, and we grilled some burgers and corn on the cob. I loved Grandma's BBQ baked beans and Mom's Banana Cream Pie.
YUMMY!

Grandpa and I posing for a quick picture:

Mom and Grandma on Mother's Day:

Sandwiched between Mom and Grandma:

We had a wonderful evening and a wonderful weekend. This week we have more sprinkler folks and electrical folks coming over to the house, and Mom had TWO hockey games. Should be another busy week. Take care for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment